Subject: Sequence of play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started and I can't seem to wrap my head around this particular area..
I understand the 3 story cards and relevance to play..from reading the rules I understand that each player fills in the relavent key word with each player taking turns to do so ... drawing cards to do so and if keywords are not met and discarding their hands and drawing until they get a match...difficulty lies in this area...
Do player actions take place only when all key word requirements are met for both sides?Which I assume is proper.. And,when actions occur are the actions resolve by each side going through each of their phases.? Or do the allis complete phase one and then switch to the Germans to complete phase 1 ...switching back then to the allies for phase 2...etc...
Thank you...I want to get this to the table tonight and need full understanding to do so,,.
Thankmyou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player draws his starting hand (3 cards plus 1 each for the combined Draw values of his soldiers). From this hand he plays one card, face down, on each phase (since it's face down, this can be done simultaneously). The card played must match either one of the actions on the story card for that phase. Note that these actions are listed as X "and then" Y, meaning the X actions occur before the Y ones. At this point you determine initiative (starting with the player with the most cards remaining in his hand). Once this has been done, the phases are resolved in order:

1) Both players reveal their actions for phase 1.
2) Action X is resolved. If both players chose action X, the player with initiative takes his actions first, and damage is applied before the second player takes his actions.
3) Action Y is resolved.
4) Go to phase 2 and repeat the process.

Note that it is possible for a players hand size to change during a phase. If that happens the initiative can change from phase to phase.

This is a VERY abbreviated explanation of the process, but should give you an idea of the flow. Have fun!

-Tommy
(this is SO much easier to talk through than to type...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom...extremely clear and concise...much appreciated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play it a few time through Tom and it will be very clear. The game plays fast and fun. Ask questions anytime. There are a good group of us that monitor questions for new recruits! Most of all, enjoy the game!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a player reference in the files section that might be helpful. It does not have a Sequence of Play, but it does split out what happens when and how to do certain things. I put it together to help me teach people how to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded and laminated a few days back...big help overall....thanks Marty..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have come across a question or 2... walk...it appears that all soldiers in SDD come with 1walk movent..
Looking at the movement chart it appears diagonal moves are permitted and cost 1 movement point...Are move assumptions correct..?
Finally,is it permissible to shoot thru a square containing soldiers?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.