Scythe» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Wayfarer Exploit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Evans
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just got Scythe a few days ago and am trying to learn the gameplay via the Automa. One I noticed while playing as Crimea is that it appears I can transport workers and resources to to an available home base to protect them. In doing so the resources wouldn't be be available to use until moved to valid territory, but you could protect resources from an impending attack. Is this a valid move? I can't find anything stating otherwise in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability you speak of is only available to your character and mechs, NOT your little wooden workers. This is true for all racial powers granted via building mechs. But yes, you could move workers to those bases on your mechs and leave them there but then you're not getting any benefits for having them (area control or resource production).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not really an exploit because of the very significant drawback mentioned by the previous poster. Having workers and resources unavailable until you can take another move action seems to balance out the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're also, correspondingly, not available for end-of-game scoring if they're being held by a plastic piece on a home base

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.