Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
Quick question:
1. my character start his turn with 1 card left in the location deck. Lets say I used my explore action and acquire a the last card. Do I need another exploration (e.g. spend a blessing/ally) to try to close the location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if you're at a location that you've just emptied you don't need to explore to attempt to close (but you can only make one attempt each turn)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
No, if you're at a location that you've just emptied you don't need to explore to attempt to close (but you can only make one attempt each turn)

Are you sure there is once per turn limit? In at least one scenario in ROTRL there are henchmen who are undefeated if you don't close the location so you could explore again and try to close it the second time I think. You just need an effect that allows you to try to close it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK -- normally there are three ways to permanently close a location:

-- After you defeat a henchman which says that if you defeat it you can attempt to close the location, you can attempt to close the location. Normally the henchman is banished when you defeat him/her, and you then have exactly one chance to close the location, which you must attempt immediately, if you are attempting it.

-- If you at an open location with no cards in the location deck, the last thing you do on your turn (before ending your turn) is you can attempt to close the location. You only have one such attempt each turn -- if you fail, you have to wait till your next turn. This is after your Explore step; exploring has nothing to do with it.

-- If you defeat a villain, the villain's location closes.

You are citing an unusual situation - the RotR henchman that goes back into the location if you fail your close attempt. In this edge case, exploring again & defeating the henchman again will give you another close attempt. There is no limit on how many times you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.