BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: Aspiring Board Game Designer Needs Advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Peterson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Morning board game geeks. I recently discovered within the past few years, that I enjoy creating new board/card game prototypes out of the ideas that mentally present themselves! I Love doing this a lot! The only issue I keep running into, is that I can only playtest my prototypes solo for so long, which is usually 10-15 hours, and after that, I need other people who are willing to help test my game out. I live in the Orlando area, and the local gaming store does not test prototypes. There is not a board game design or playtesting meetup group, that I am aware of, and I am not able to drive around to a whole bunch of different places to look for other gaming groups that might, due to being a retired disabled veteran. How do I find other people to test my game out? Thank you for your time geeks, and have a productive day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
zefnorto2647 wrote:
How do I find other people to test my game out? Thank you for your time geeks, and have a productive day!

Test it online, using Tabletopia or Tabletop simulator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Blaylock
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:
zefnorto2647 wrote:
How do I find other people to test my game out? Thank you for your time geeks, and have a productive day!

This and create a print and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djayshaggy wrote:
nichik wrote:
zefnorto2647 wrote:

This and create a print and play.

Get on Facebook. There are lots of groups that can help out with this.

Also if there isn't a Meetup group create one. Build a following with these people:
https://www.meetup.com/topics/board-games/us/fl/orlando/

Send me a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great place to start. If you can post or email out your files, many of us are more than willing to put them together and test them out. Please put all the pertinent information in your initial post: # of players, approximate time commitment, if there's a feedback form, or you're just looking for general feedback, and most importantly, a description of the game.

Also, look for a Protospiel in your area. It's a small convention specifically for designers to test out other designers' games. Many games have been published after rigorous testing at Protospiels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Blaylock
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a facebook group. It is much easier to get testers if you're willing to ship out a prototype.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGamePlaytestersGuild/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peterson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
nichik wrote:
zefnorto2647 wrote:

Thank you nichik for the helpful info! I created my game on Tabletopia and it is all ready to be printed out and played! It is not available on the Playground yet. Does it matter whether or not, my very generic prototype has no artwork, or design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.