Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
She’s arranged tournaments at Trump golf courses, served as the liaison to the Trump family during his presidential campaign, and even arranged Eric Trump’s wedding.

Now President Trump has appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton — who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned — to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.

Patton was appointed Wednesday to head up the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Region II, which includes New York and New Jersey, where she’ll oversee distribution of billions of taxpayer dollars

And the experience she brings to the table?

Quote:
“Responsible for organizing, executing and assisting with upscale events and celebrity golf tournaments,” her LinkedIn profile says. “Handle celebrity talent acquisition for various marketing projects, philanthropic events and golf tournaments.”

There is this as well.

Quote:
From 2011 through January, she also helped run the Eric Trump Foundation, a charity that's now under investigation by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-chooses-famil...

And beyond the non-existant law degree what education does she bring to the table?

Quote:
After growing up in Connecticut, Patton went south for college and graduated from the University of Miami with a B.A. in English Literature and Psychology.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/lynne-patton-eric-donald-who-i...

Trump has obviously given up even pretending to care about good governance. The sheer graft, nepotism and utter stupidity of this administration keeps managing to surpass itself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
She went to the U???? Yeah, hell of a school -- if you want to play in the NFL. Otherwise, it's a private school for rich kids who can't get into other schools.

Wish I could say I'm shocked by this, but pretty much par for the course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What part of "longtime loyalist" don't you understand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yer doin' a heck of a job Lynn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Passed by the senate 51 to 49 in a 5 minute confirmation hearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kumitedad wrote:
Quote:
She’s arranged tournaments at Trump golf courses, served as the liaison to the Trump family during his presidential campaign, and even arranged Eric Trump’s wedding.

Now President Trump has appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton — who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned — to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.

Patton was appointed Wednesday to head up the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Region II, which includes New York and New Jersey, where she’ll oversee distribution of billions of taxpayer dollars

And the experience she brings to the table?

Quote:
“Responsible for organizing, executing and assisting with upscale events and celebrity golf tournaments,” her LinkedIn profile says. “Handle celebrity talent acquisition for various marketing projects, philanthropic events and golf tournaments.”

There is this as well.

Quote:
From 2011 through January, she also helped run the Eric Trump Foundation, a charity that's now under investigation by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-chooses-famil...

And beyond the non-existant law degree what education does she bring to the table?

Quote:
After growing up in Connecticut, Patton went south for college and graduated from the University of Miami with a B.A. in English Literature and Psychology.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/lynne-patton-eric-donald-who-i...

Trump has obviously given up even pretending to care about good governance. The sheer graft, nepotism and utter stupidity of this administration keeps managing to surpass itself

Actually, Patton will probably have to answer to HUD Secretary Ben Carson.

The choice of the people to head certain departments was cynically based on the basis of how much those folks brought to the table in terms of wanting to devolve and "deconstruct" those departments. In a sense, these folks are human wrecking balls to the departments they serve.

This is part of Steve Bannon's strategy to "deconstruct the administrative state", which clicks with the Dominionist goal to devolve the government in order to re-evolve it into a theocratic state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Government is so inefficient! Here, let me show you!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of this could have been avoided, if only Clinton hadn't killed all of those people in her Pizza Hut sex chamber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
cor blimey apples and pears a short shreve post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglebeak wrote:
All of this could have been avoided, if only Clinton hadn't killed all of those people in her Pizza Hut sex chamber.
I never get invited to any of the cool parties
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.