San Guo Yan Yi Qi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question: Knight and Minister moving on non-passable areas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we can see on the game board, each corner has 4x4 non-passable fields (or nodes, as long as we talk about line crossings). Please consider my suggestion on game board notation, I'll use it here.

It may be funny, but as long as Ministers are improved in this chess and jump over obstacles, maybe they may pass non-passable areas right into an adjacent camp? For example, Red Minister from M3 field (right border of the Red camp) jumps over "Shan Yue" to O5 field - right into Green camp. They cannot attack enemy Assistants, can attack enemy General in one palace field only (I3, O9, and I15), and can give some support to other pieces. I believe, it's an option to agree between players at least.

Another interesting thing is Knight's moves along these non-passable blocks. Evidently, a Knight cannot jump from M3 to N5: Knight in Chinese chess moves one step along one line, then one step diagonally (and if there is an obstacle on the first step, the classical Knight cannot move), and there is no passable diagonal between M4 and N5. But! Knight can move from M4 to O6, can't it? M4-M5 is passable, and M5-O6 too. (It cannot jump from M4 to O5, of course: there's no passable lines at all.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.