Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick South
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a disagreement in our game group about how the major flood event. Half of us believe it only affects those who have cities by water. The half half believed that it affects all players, but must affect cities by the water if they have one.

Anyone have clarification on it? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtCrazy wrote:
The [other] half believed that it affects all players, but must affect cities by the water if they have one.

I'm pretty sure it is this, but can you include what the card actually says, verbatim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick South
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, it says "All players must reduce the mood of one of their cities adjacent to a Sea space (if possible).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think I see the problem. Let me restate how it works.
It affects all players. Each player selects a city adjacent to water that will be affected. If a player has no cities adjacent to water, she is not affected.

Make sense?

I think both interpretations say the same thing, but if I put on my rules lawyer hat, it seems the first interpretation is the correct one:
Quote:
Half of us believe it only affects those who have cities by water

A city that is not adjacent to water cannot be affected by any Flood event. Period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtCrazy wrote:
Sure, it says "All players must reduce the mood of one of their cities adjacent to a Sea space (if possible).

Thanks!

Since the entire sentence is qualified by (if possible), I believe a player needs to have a city next to a Sea space to be affected. Otherwise the parentheses would begin before "adjacent". See below.

All players must reduce the mood of one of their cities (adjacent to a Sea space if possible)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.