Hide
16 Posts

1754: Conquest – The French and Indian War» Forums » General

Subject: where to get plastic lids? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann Onymous
msg tools

Just picked up 1754 and love the clear plastic lids that slide onto the trays - they work like a dream!

My older 1775 game did not come with these nifty lids.

Tried contacting Academy to no avail.

So, gang, anyone know where I might buy some of these for my 1775 game?

Thanks for any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Come on Batman! Pull your weight!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing they are custom made for their inserts. As for them not responding, they're probably busy @ Origins right now. I'd give it a little time. They're usually very good about responding to customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also looking for lids for 1775. Hope they will supply some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ann and Harvey,

Academy Games does offer replacement parts for games. Please contact sales@academygames.com via e-mail, and we will help you out. As for the lack of response, we were all at Origins and thus unable to answer the phones. Our e-mail address will send an automated response explaining the situation if we are away from the office.

Thanks for your interest in the games!

Aiden
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post here what you find out. I asked Academy Games if I could get lids for 1775 and they said they didn't have any. So if things have changed I'd love to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well! Just noticed that 1775 uses the same insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann Onymous
msg tools
Academy just returned one of my e-mails. Here's their response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Academy Games! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying '1754 Conquest'. At this time, we do not have any spare tray lid covers, but we will be following up with our manufacturer to see if this is something that we can carry in the future!

So, the answer is 'No.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
notasockpuppet wrote:
Academy just returned one of my e-mails. Here's their response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Academy Games! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying '1754 Conquest'. At this time, we do not have any spare tray lid covers, but we will be following up with our manufacturer to see if this is something that we can carry in the future!

So, the answer is 'No.'

The answer is we are using these lids for the first time and do not have extras yet. We have asked our manufacturer to provide us extras, but they won't arrive any earlier than when Vikings arrives next month.

Trust me, we would love to sell you lids for the other games, or provide replacements for 1754 if they are missing, but we just aren't there yet...

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We spoke with the manufacturer and have ordered extra lid sets for 1812 and 1775.
The cost is $5 per set of 6 lids. Shipping is free if added to an order. If shipped separately, there will be some postage added, depending on the destination country.
We will make them available on our website by the end of July and expect them ready to be shipped in August.
Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Uwe! I will definitely be ordering one for 1775.
My copy of 1812 doesn't have an insert. Are those available too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor JD wrote:
Thanks, Uwe! I will definitely be ordering one for 1775.
My copy of 1812 doesn't have an insert. Are those available too?

JD,

Are you referring to the black trays that the lids will go on? 1812 Does not have any sort of insert beyond those.

Aiden
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We spoke with the manufacturer and have ordered extra lid sets for 1812 and 1775.
The cost is $5 per set of 6 lids. Shipping is free if added to an order. If shipped separately, there will be some postage added, depending on the destination country.
We will make them available on our website by the end of July and expect them ready to be shipped in August.
Uwe

Any idea when you plan on putting these up for sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaDeWald wrote:
uweeickert wrote:
Uwe

"by the end of July", so yes - sometime in the next 11 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
PapaDeWald wrote:
uweeickert wrote:
Uwe

Was this supposed to be helpful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaDeWald wrote:
Throknor wrote:
PapaDeWald wrote:
uweeickert wrote:
Uwe

Was this supposed to be helpful?

You asked for any idea of when. He literally said in his post 'by the end of July'. If that isn't an idea of when I don't know what is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the lids available for purchase yet? I'd sure like to add them to my 1775 and 1812 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.