Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the old AH: B-17 Queen of the Skies and I was interested in the re-design with Target For Today now being available. But from various post's it seems like some needed material to play the game has been left out as it was printed, but I can download the missing items and print them on my own. I am also not sure if there are any other issues people have discovered? My question is: should I hold off and hope that there is a 2nd edition that is corrected with all missing charts and errata fixed or is this first printing okay the way it is?

Thanks,
turks1966
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Githens

Ft. Worth
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would NOT wait.

The game is complete (with the exception of the two OPTIONAL tables that it would take you about 15 seconds and about $0.06 in paper and printer ink to print).

As far as the errata, every game printed has some errata to it. Take a look at the errata link in this forum. It may seem long, but if you read through it, most of it is just explanatory information to questions posted to the forum. (And, in my opinion, it appears that many of those questions may be from people who have no QotS experience; if you've played QotS before, you would most likely know the answers to those questions posted here). The rest of the errata is small pen and ink changes (ME190 corrected to Fw190, for instance).

But, again, I would NOT recommend waiting. If you like QotS, you will like (if not LOVE) TFT as delivered to your doorstep.

That's my two cents.

AFIntel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuck in Stalag BGG
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
turks1966 wrote:
I have the old AH: B-17 Queen of the Skies and I was interested in the re-design with Target For Today now being available. But from various post's it seems like some needed material to play the game has been left out as it was printed, but I can download the missing items and print them on my own. I am also not sure if there are any other issues people have discovered? My question is: should I hold off and hope that there is a 2nd edition that is corrected with all missing charts and errata fixed or is this first printing okay the way it is?

Thanks,
turks1966

Printing stat sheets was a design choice and very common.

Missing one page of tables was errata and very common.

No reason to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree. I wouldn't wait. I have no idea how many copies Legion printed but their more popular games sometimes sell out.

The errata looks long because of the inclusion of the questions posted in the thread at CSW but the game is perfectly playable as is. Don't let that stop you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wynn
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I would not wait. This game is very enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's A LOT of detail in Target for Today - an individual crewman can suffer facial lacerations from a shell (light wound) that would never be as detailed in B17 QOTS. I agree that there is no need to wait for another version. This game will evolve as QOTS did with lots of forthcoming add-ons. I personally see a Tour of Duty / Campaign Calendar coming from somebody that was purposely left out of the game by the designer.

The only issue I have with the game is the HUGE number of tables and charts that have to be looked up. Unlike QOTS (where the charts were color coded and loose) all the charts come bounded in booklets and I foresee lots of wear and tear to these books from the constant checking. An improvement in my opinion would be to have all these charts punched and laminated in a binder for easy flipping. There are way too many to be loose.

I am hopeful someone will post PDFs of all the charts for this purpose. A PDF of the five reproducible sheets has already been made.

Get the game now and just wait for the enhancements!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Correia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with Rick. It would be nice to have the Tables back on the color coded charts, though the colored charts were for damage to specific areas and I've only opened that book rarely. There is a lot more referencing tables for weather or German Fighter resistance. What used to be the "M" tables and "B" tables could use a reference card. Just those two cards would be significant.

I wish Legion could make watermarked PDFs available to certified buyers of the game so they could print charts on colored paper.

Oh, and I would not wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to wait for the second edition? The game was just released so if there is another (second) edition it could take 3-4 years before it is reprinted and updated. Two optional charts that are missing should not deter you from getting this game. That's silly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not wait. Buy now.

Also agree that PDFs would be very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony oliver
msg tools

Personally i would NOT wait, the game is way above b17 Queen Of the skies with 5 different bombers to chose from and 12 different enemy aircraft that can attack you, and the amount of targets available for your bomber to attack are in a word - WOW! (well over 300!)

now that the 1.1 version paperwork is downloadable as PDF's its so easy to upgrade the existing game.

Even if you chose not to download the 1.1 version. you can still use the original game the two charts that are missing from the original are just optional bomber group tables & in NO way detract from the playability or quality of the game.

hope this helps you to decide...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.