JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hello!!

I just bough the 2nd edition of Descent so i can play the Road to Legend with the app! the thing is i have a bunch of 1st edition expansions!!

I own the conversion kit ( but cant be used with the App ).

My plan was to find some 2nd expansions, check wich 1st monsters could replace 2nd monster from certain blisters/monster packs, and just peint out their cards.

I mean, a monster pack has let's say lava beetles, a demon and a giant, i wanted to use models i already have from 1st edition as proxies while printing theor equivalent monster card. I dont know if i am clest ahah! Like that i could add some monster packs in my collection on the app!

Any ideas? Suggestions on how to do this? Where can i find images from the /nd monster charts?!

Tanx!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leeroy Porkins
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
The only problem is that Treaty of Champions (A H&M Expansion) has Crow Hags which were never in the 1st Edition. Other then that the H&M Collections have all the 1st Edition Monsters. I believe the H&M Collections also fixed some of the CK Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Leeroy_Porkins wrote:
The only problem is that Treaty of Champions (A H&M Expansion) has Crow Hags which were never in the 1st Edition. Other then that the H&M Collections have all the 1st Edition Monsters. I believe the H&M Collections also fixed some of the CK Cards.

Thats not entirely correct. There is also Shards of Everdark, which contains the "Dark Minotaurs" which are also new (like the crow hags).

A good place to start looking for information about the changes between the CK and the H&M sets is over here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1574599/road-legend-convers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leeroy Porkins
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I didn't know that about the Dark Minotaurs. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the CK when Descent came out and collected all the miniatures (or proxies) it requires.
Now I wish I didn't. They published so many expansions that I feel the variety of heroes and monsters is more than enough even without the monster collections.
Also the miniatures have gotten so much better that even if I thought I would need more monsters I'd rather have those from the monster collection than from the CK.

For Road to Legend I deactivated all collections. For me its to much work to update all the monster cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.