Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the usual Japanese start position?

I've tried starting with 2 Labor Battalion in the airfield and 2 Labors in Central Coast to block the beach approach, then reinforced with pill box on the first impulse. Beside blocking for one impulse, it doesn't do much. Sometimes a lucky roll will actually inflict one step damage to all attackers, but that's the exception.

I also tried starting 2 labors in Southwest coast, but those never seem to survive long enough to retreat back in the city.

So, tactics one seems to work a bit better, but I'm wondering if I should bother at all starting in those +1 zones and if there are better starting positions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are different opinions on this.

Most players try to preserve their best units for the Turn 4 endgame and/or counter-attacks while some advocate sending everything to the beaches and hope the bombardments don't decimate those units.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Last Battle: Ie Shima
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.