BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Have you tried TAK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love abstract games Like Hive and YINSH if i Like these game am im going too Like Tak Then?

Have you tried TAK? If yes is it good Then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW my wife and I like Hive and YINSH and have tried and enjoyed Tak. But it's easy enough to simply improvise a set to try it for yourself instead of depending on other people's opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed playing Tak. I enjoy Hive, and I aspire to really enjoying GO, I like it, I'm just really ignorant about it. I played, maybe 10 ten games with a friend recently. It has a classic abstract feel, but I did not feel the kind of analysis paralysis I frequently feel playing other abstracts. Rules are simply, and it captures feeling of a number of abstract games in different moments, sometimes there's a tick-tack-toe moment, sometimes GO, Chess, Quarto, or Mancala! I think it has a lot to offer, and it has a fun factor for me that's unique among abstracts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goodman
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried Tak although it looks good. I would suggest checking out Santorini, which I think is a better game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played TAK 700+ times now. (exact number eludes me as my phone is in another room)

It's a great game. most of my plays are at 5x5, and 50-100 of them at 4x4. i've played 6x6 once. i'd like to play (6x6) more, but it's not conducive to our lunchtime games.

anything you specifically want to know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to play more Tak, as it is a tricky one. very interesting, but in the beginning (at least I hope it is only the beginning) a lot of games go to 'time', or running out of pieces. I haven't quite cracked setting up good double threats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnalyticGamer wrote:
I haven't tried Tak although it looks good. I would suggest checking out Santorini, which I think is a better game.

You haven't played Tak but Santorini is a better game. Really?

I actually have and play both. I prefer Tak, it's more of a pure abstract for me. No random cards to try and spice the game up. I like both, but Tak is my pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also played both TAK and Santorini. I've played Santorini about 120 times. Mostly without God powers.

TAK is the superior game for sure. Though both are fantastic abstract games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
I need to play more Tak, as it is a tricky one. very interesting, but in the beginning (at least I hope it is only the beginning) a lot of games go to 'time', or running out of pieces. I haven't quite cracked setting up good double threats.

There was a point where maybe 40% of our games ended with a flats win. This has since dropped to I think about 15% in our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.