Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the bazzilionth time, I clicked the logout link when I was trying to click Go. Why are they so close to each other? Will we ever get a mobile friendly version of this site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you didn't spend all that time logging in and out because you're bad at hitting buttons or donating money to the site, you'd have more time to spend years reading about their plans for site redesigns . . .

They have already implemented everything you've asked for on the pages they've changed. Safe to assume they will use the same style elsewhere.

(Who hits "go" anyway? Enter keys work better.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
Well if you didn't spend all that time logging in and out because you're bad at hitting buttons or donating money to the site, you'd have more time to spend years reading about their plans for site redesigns . . .

They have already implemented everything you've asked for on the pages they've changed. Safe to assume they will use the same style elsewhere.

(Who hits "go" anyway? Enter keys work better.)

Funny, enter key doesn't work for me on mobile. Have to click 'Go'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
https://library.brown.edu/collections/askb/veterans.php
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is what I assumed too, that he was using the website on mobile. On PC I can easily click either with no problems. I can see if it was my finger the problem. I can think of of another place for it I personally would prefer: closer to the the log in section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Informally I would guess that it was about 2 or 3 years ago that turmoil took place with a similar complaint which already resulted in some removal/relocation of "logout".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they reworked the game pages to be mobile friendly, the complainers were so vocal, it probably slowed down any work on the rest of the site. I wish they would finish, as I like the new design and I want a responsive version for the forum threads and other pages of the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty obvious from the screenshot I posted that I was using the site on my iPhone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does the logout button exist at all?

Do people really log out of BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm on my iPhone, I always just tap search after typing in the search bar. I've never had that not work and, frankly, I'd rather them work on that function always working than moving the logout button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.