Subject: Question about the Dread Curse dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jefferson Powers
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm not sure I understand the point of the Dread Curse dice. The Opener of the Way's Dread Curse of Azathoth ability has the player roll combat dice and apply the results, so why are the dice numbered 1-6 with the same Opener of the Way symbol on every face? The Opener doesn't appear to have any special abilities that call for a standard d6 roll. Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not necessary. Just cosmetic. The use of numbers helps when needing to hold a die for Azathoth being awakened or to use in other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
They are not necessary. Just cosmetic. The use of numbers helps when needing to hold a die for Azathoth being awakened or to use in other games.

Yeah... I know it has already been discussed but I strongly disagree with the path chosen here. I would like better if they where designed as battle dice with the opener glyph in the place of the kill (#6) result... dont want to cause a comotion, but that is tye kind of thing that could be discussed and vote in the ks campaign... something alike was made for the gla'aki figure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagomo wrote:
Talae wrote:

Yeah... I know it has already been discussed but I strongly disagree with the path chosen here. I would like better if they where designed as battle dice with the opener glyph in the place of the kill (#6) result... dont want to cause a comotion, but that is tye kind of thing that could be discussed and vote in the ks campaign... something alike was made for the gla'aki figure...
I see the benefit in what you are saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffersonpowers wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the point of the Dread Curse dice. The Opener of the Way's Dread Curse of Azathoth ability has the player roll combat dice and apply the results, so why are the dice numbered 1-6 with the same Opener of the Way symbol on every face? The Opener doesn't appear to have any special abilities that call for a standard d6 roll. Am I missing something?

i can confirm that there was a lot of confusion and rules-checking about those strange dice in my group. They don't make much sense as indeed they should be combat dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what i think happened. When you only have the Core box, you are provided with twenty standard six-sided dice instead of the kickstarter combat dice. With the standard dice, a result of 4-5 is a pain and a 6 is a kill. So, taking that into account, the numbers on the Dread Curse of Azatoth dice don't appear that strange as we simply need to apply the same rule as the one provided with the core box.

However, I do, myself, find it weird that they (sandy and the gang) decided to go that route rather than put a tiny skull, two tiny claw marks and three empty space above the Opener of the way faction symbol on the dice instead of numbers. Maybe putting tiny skull and claw marks was harder to do than numbers 1 through 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.