Subject: Survivors special abilities or weapons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Enderlin

Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am keeping a close on this KS but am still on the fence. Do the SG survivors come with special abilities or weapons, or do you just equip standard weapons and go from there? For example, it would be really cool if Badger Brummuin had some sort of claw-weapon, and thematically it would be odd if it was like "oh, he starts with a dagger".

Any insight from folks who might have experience with ZB:BP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide is a sand box, just give them those weapons, it won't effect the game much. But only a few characters start with different weapons if you are following the base rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of a skill, some characters start with special weapons. Badger might start with a special claw weapon, though I'm not positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if GH doesn't officially come with a claw weapon, you could create the stats for one and give it to him. (For the orignal Zombicide, I created lots of custom characters, some with custom weapons, for example, a kung fu master, Kane, with a bo staff.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think it means much. A lot of survivors have weapons on their miniatures. Very few have a skill where they start with those weapons. Searching for the right equipment is a big chunk of the game.

I'd give more of a chance that the claws would be somewhere on the item deck, but I dunno. I've seen some weapons of minis without direct translation. No Baldric staff. Undraal from a guest box has a wacky sword. Maybe the claws are just the pit fighting gloves (another stretch goal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely Badger has to start with Regeneration?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Enderlin

Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the insight.

What is a sandbox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_pete wrote:

What is a sandbox?

When people talk about the sandboxy nature of Zombicide they mean that it is quite easy to tweak and adapt, aka home(brewing) rules.

See it like Zomicide is a sandbox with a nice sand castle in it.
- You can play with the actual castle (basic rules and components)
- You can add a Tower (rule or component addition)
- you can improve the wall (rule or component alteration)
- You can destroy that ugly house in it (removal of rule or component)

Since the mechanics and principles of Zombicide is quite easy the alteration of these while keeping or improving balancing is also quite easy.

I hope this was helpful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_pete wrote:

What is a sandbox?

We had a huge snapping turtle crawl into the sandbox we had next to the house once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
the_pete wrote:

What is a sandbox?

We had a huge snapping turtle crawl into the sandbox we had next to the house once!

An Abomiturtle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
the_pete wrote:

What is a sandbox?

An Abomiturtle?

Abomiturtle; only moves when it doesn't have any survivors in line of sight. Once it sees them, it hides in it's shell, and doesn't move anymore until it doesn't see any more survivors. It's so diseased that it poisons the air around it, and heroes can't enter a space that has the Abomiturtle. The abomiturtle's shell is so strong that it cannot be destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.