Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangenebula/epoch-the-...

I also like that we now know exactly what shipping will cost us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B

Ballwin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice that orange nebula got the shipping hammered out, and I really like his explanation as to why.
The first stretch goal looks like it will really add a nice element to the game and really open it up to people's preferences on how to play. That's pretty awesome. For the second, who doesn't like a well designed mini?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schultze
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and the miniature seems AWESOME! And more miniatures could be planned:

http://orangenebula.com/miniature-1-boulder-hulk-sneak-peek/

I'm also very excited about the upcoming video with Lacey and Marc, even if I could not attend, but I'll enjoy a recorded version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Miniatures would be awesome. I like the fact you can have "evil" companions (stretch goal) that hurt your opponents.....but at a price by hampering you. Very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one would be perfectly happy if the game didn't have minis at all. Minis are KS cancer. They don't have to be put into every damn game, just because.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
I for one would be perfectly happy if the game didn't have minis at all. Minis are KS cancer. They don't have to be put into every damn game, just because.

Strongly worded, but I agree with the sentiment. Miniatures for miniatures sake are no longer exciting to me.

That said, Epoch doesn't need them, they look neat in concept, but the game itself is piquing my interest. I'm not wholly convinced just yet, but am backing at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Neidlinger
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention of the miniatures offered in the KS is twofold:

1) to represent the starting player. In this game, there are end-game triggers and an "extra" round after the trigger, so knowing exactly who the starting player is is important.

2) The "Myths and Wonders" mini-expansion has a huge 70mm monster figurine that I think separates the experience from the basic game play. It's a cooperative fight against that particular monster, and the miniature adds to the immersion. At least I think so!

This game is obviously not "miniature-happy" and I hope that players will see the work that went into the mechanics and visual environment moreso than the plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
All I want to say is that you don't have to feel obliged to put minis in. Few serving as "tokens" is fine, but I think the game is too good/unique to be overshadowed by minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely isn't all about minis here, which is always appreciated! I did hesitate for a long time on clicking the banner ad here thinking it was based only on presentation.

I can only wish for the best for your game, Orange!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Neidlinger
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
It definitely isn't all about minis here, which is always appreciated! I did hesitate for a long time on clicking the banner ad here thinking it was based only on presentation.

I can only wish for the best for your game, Orange!

Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.