Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am trying to find a game that allows for resource production / harvesting and maybe delivery mechanics. Basically I want to build tons of little widgets and either move them around or use them to buy factories to build even more thingamajigs. whistle

Typically I play light weight games either with my son (7 years) or my wife, occasionally with both. Hence I am looking for a title that's suitable for 2-3 players with a BGG complexity rating somewhere around 2.

For reference some of the games in my collection that we enjoy playing and which might have some of the features I am looking for:
- Catan Junior
- Africana
- Ticket To Ride
- 7 Wonders Duel
- King of Tokyo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finca ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Oppenheim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get hold of it - Sunken City is a nice pick up and deliver game with a different theme - collecting treasure from atlantis while neptune sinks bits beneath the waves. WOrks well with 3, not tried with two. Played with my daughters from 8ish I think, could work well with a gamey 7yo!
No resource production tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you.
Looks like both titles are out of print- I will add them to the geek trading list just in case. Researching Finca lead me to Cinque Terre which has harvesting and delivery. The only thing missing I think is that you don't have individual production facilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cashmore
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Stuck on a plateau
badge
Can you name these games?
mbmb
Cross_ wrote:
Researching Finca lead me to Cinque Terra which has harvesting and delivery. The only thing missing I think is that you don't have individual production facilities.

You're correct. I think Cinque Terre is a lot of fun, but it's not very complex. Your "production" is no different from that of the other players. For me, most of my tactics revolve around maximizing efficiency -- making as few stops as possibly in both the dropoff and pickup sections of the circuit. I'm even successful occasionally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross_ wrote:
Thank you.
Looks like both titles are out of print- I will add them to the geek trading list just in case. Researching Finca lead me to Cinque Terre which has harvesting and delivery. The only thing missing I think is that you don't have individual production facilities.

Cinque Terre was what I was thinking as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.