Subject: Low resolution images used? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this map backed with the Synapses map on the other side.

I was a little surprised to see it was just a rolled up poster, and not an actual board, but that's not a huge issue. The bigger problem was that the image quality is really poor. It appears that they found a human body image online at about 500x700px, and just blew it up to poster size before overlaying a hex grid. The Synapses side is just as pixelated.

Is this actually how all copies of this map look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy looks the same so I'd guess that's standard. Alban's other recent maps have been on rolled up posters too. I don't mind that format but it really needs a plexiglass sheet to keep the map flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm figuring a few poker chips at the corners and middle of the edge should work.

Beyond that, it's just annoying for storage. I've got extra box space, it would be nice to just pack it up with the other maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have extra box space so the poster format's okay by me (especially since I now have a couple of B3-sized plexiglass sheets) because I store them all in one fat tube (the one he used for last year's pack IIRC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found large plastic sleeves at a local baseball card store. Kind of like the plastic sleeves that you can store cards in, but much much larger. They work great for storage and for playing the map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those… sound… enormous, Brad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
I just received this map backed with the Synapses map on the other side.

I was a little surprised to see it was just a rolled up poster, and not an actual board, but that's not a huge issue. The bigger problem was that the image quality is really poor. It appears that they found a human body image online at about 500x700px, and just blew it up to poster size before overlaying a hex grid. The Synapses side is just as pixelated.

Is this actually how all copies of this map look?

Yes. I still think the Human Body side looks great even if it is a bit pixelated. The Synapses side graphics make a difficult to understand map even more difficult to understand. The squiggles and blobs are kind of fuzzy and the "City" colors are just the slightest hint of a color making it difficult to see what colors go where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.