Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Hero power cards and Emporium cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Dorn
Austria
flag msg tools
I have two questions to the cards:

1) I got 76 (instead of 77) KS Hero power cards (15 x Victoria, 11 x Tristan, 12 x Sheld, 13 x Ryld, 11 x Morrigan, 14 x Kroghan) and 41 (instead of 47) normal Hero power cards (10 x Auriel, 8 x Ecarus, 7 x Laegon, 8 x Shae, 8 x Thorgar). Furthermore I got 7 Talent Hero Power cards so in total the correct number of hero power cards. But I don’t know which of these Talent cards are normal cards and which one is a KS card. I didn’t find a clue in the rule book.

2) According to the rules the Emporium cards “can be easily recognized by the price tag in the lower corner”. I have only 17 Emporium cards (16 x light + 1 x dark) instead of 43 + 7 KS cards. But I have 33 Forged cards and 9 Stash cards. Are the Forged cards part of the Emporium cards)? If so what cards are KS exclusives? The rules on page 7 mention the Stash cards (they mix them up in the picture with the Forged cards) but these cards are not part of the list of components on page 5 or did I miss them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjoern Schubert
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To quickly answer your first question:

Hero Power Cards (Immortal Pledge: 47 + 77 KS + 40 Samyria, Volkor and Onamor Add-ons = 164):
Auriel 10, Ecarus 8, Laegon 7, Thorgar 8, Shae 8 => 41 + 6 Generic Talents => 47
Skeld 12, Victoria 15, Morrigan 11, Kroghan 14, Ryld 13, Tristan 11 => 76 + 1 Generic Talent (I think "Lucky" is the KS card) => 77
Samyria 13, Volkor 13, Onamor 14 => 40

Second question:

The Emporium Deck (Immortal Pledge: 43 + 7 KS + 1 Samyria Add-on = 51):
10 Stash + 16 = 26 Weapons
5 Stash + 3 = 8 Armor
1 Permanent + 12 Consumables + 3 Projectiles = 16 Miscellaneous Items
1 Building ("Enchanting Anvil" / "Rising Pony Tavern")

The backside of the Emporium and Stash Weapon and Armor cards say "Forged", these are an improved version of the weapon or armor on the other side of the card, they can be improved at the "Enchanting Anvil".

There is another Permanent Miscellaneous Item, the "Golden Idol", which is a Quest card, plus 3 Soul Weapon cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look on the other side of your "Forged" cards; you'll see that they have a cost. That cost is the Emporium cost for those items. If you buy it and then later use the Enchanting Anvil at the Emporium, you then flip the card to the stronger "Forged" side. See page 41 in the rule book.

(Some items don't have a "Forged" side; they have a lower cost on one side and a higher cost on the other, and you pay the higher cost to get the better version of the item.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Dorn
Austria
flag msg tools
@sohigh and notwebsafe: Thanks for your answers!

Now I understand the Emporium cards.

But it seems to be really difficult to distinguish the normal cards from the KS cards. The Talent "Lucky" is definitely a normal card (see rules page 27). I know it doesn't make a difference (if mixed together) but I just wanted to know which cards are KS exclusive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regulator N/A
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,
I also thought I had 76 Hero Power cards (instead of 77). I counted three times, and was coming up with 76 each time. Then I turned my deck at an angle, so I could see the sides of the cards, and made sure none of the cards were sticking together (sure enough, two of the Kroghan cards had stuck together really good). Try looking at the sides of your cards and shuffle through the deck, and see if you still come up with 76. Here are the list of 77 KS Power Cards you should have:

1x Talent (Chosen by Gods)
11x Morrigan Powers
13x Ryld Powers
12x Skeld Powers
11x Tristan Powers
14x Kroghan Powers
15x Victoria Kromi Powers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.