FUSE» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is the correct order when defusing a bomb? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Millie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So the rules say this:
When all required dice have been placed on a Bomb Card, the bomb has been defused. Follow these
steps:
1) Remove the dice from the card, and place them back in the bag.
2) Place the completed Bomb Card o% to the side, face-down.
3) Choose one of the face-up Bomb cards from the middle of the table to replace your
defused Bomb Card.
4) Replace the Bomb Card you chose with a new card from the deck.
5) If you draw a Fuse Card, activate it (see below) and draw a new card.

Say in a dice roll, multiple players can diffuse a bomb, if the first player moves so quickly that they take a card from the middle and then replace it with a fuse card (so fuse card comes out before the other player takes action to put the die on their card to defuse their own bomb). What happens then?
1) Are the players allowed to complete their bomb card before applying the fuse seeing as they were completed in the same dice roll? Or
2) Do events happen in the order it was played (i.e. it was the first player's fault for not waiting for the other players to catch up)?

Also, if in a given roll it causes a fuse card to be drawn (because a bomb was diffused, a new bomb was drawn from the middle and a replacement was turned over) but there are also unused die/dice. Is the fuse resolved first or the unused die/dice?

TIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player moves fast enough to draw a fuse before everyone else finishes, then yes, the dice on the uncompleted bomb card can be affected. Only dice on completed bombs and dice under other dice are safe from fuses. Tell your fast teammate to slow down before you all get blown up. You can make a reasonable exception if all the dice have been allocated and hands are moving to place all the dice on their intended spots, though.

It's called teamwork, you are not competing against each other in a race. Waiting until all the dice were chosen is part of the challenge if you want to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Great, thank you. And the order of re-rolling die/dice and fuse cards? Are they done in a set order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules definitely have ambiguity

I'd say the order should:

1a) Give out dice
1b) Place dice
1c) Resolve unused dice (in any order)
2) Resolve completed bombs in any order

(My reading of the rules has handing out dice, placing them, and getting penalized for unused dice as a simultaneous step)

I would argue that resolving completed bombs before everyone has chosen how to use their die is against the rules. (In coops I err on the side of always making the game harder)

Because of this, there should never be be situation where a fuse card comes out before all dice are placed (or resolved as unused dice)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. All players should take their dice (or, in the case of those with a quick moving teammate, be considered to have taken their dice) before resolving completed bombs & therefore any FUSE cards that may come up. All completed bombs are safe from die removals because of unused dice or FUSE cards.

Technically, unused dice would be resolved before FUSE cards, but it's not critical that it is in that order. Even unused dice can be resolved (one at a time) in whichever order the team chooses. It's a fast, frantic game, so things will not always happen in the exact same order. That's ok. Just have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.