Subject: Organized Play/Tournament Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Theurer
United States
Pitman
NJ
flag msg tools
I decided to jump into the game and I'm pretty pumped. Since my gaming buddies are all X-Wing players, I thought I could easily convert a few to this game. Assuming that we're eventually able to run tournaments, I'd love to know what some of the guidelines are that come in the Organized Play kit.

Does anyone know what the Guidelines say in the rules booklet for the tournament kit? Or better yet, anyone have a scan?
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/twd-organised-play/pr...

It also looks like Negan, Abraham, and Michonne are banned from tournament play. Does the single pack Negan expansion also count as being banned, or is it just the Kickstarter exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyspacepope wrote:
I decided to jump into the game and I'm pretty pumped. Since my gaming buddies are all X-Wing players, I thought I could easily convert a few to this game. Assuming that we're eventually able to run tournaments, I'd love to know what some of the guidelines are that come in the Organized Play kit.

Does anyone know what the Guidelines say in the rules booklet for the tournament kit? Or better yet, anyone have a scan?
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/twd-organised-play/pr...

It also looks like Negan, Abraham, and Michonne are banned from tournament play. Does the single pack Negan expansion also count as being banned, or is it just the Kickstarter exclusive?

Negan should no longer be banned from play, since he is available as a Wave 2 booster, and the character card is identical to the KS one we received (which is also the same as the Negan card in Eeny Meeny Miny Moe). I have no idea why we need 3 of the exact same card (the art is the only change).

Michonne should be cleared for organized play as soon as Wave 3 releases later this year. Abraham is going to be out for quite some time, since he apparently won't be appearing until at least Wave 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Theurer
United States
Pitman
NJ
flag msg tools
Awesome. Any idea about additional information about tournament play, like what scenario gets used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyspacepope wrote:
Awesome. Any idea about additional information about tournament play, like what scenario gets used?

Sorry, no. I haven't had the chance to do any organized play yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent been able to find the rules. I am a bit surprised they are not available for download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arpst0rm wrote:
I havent been able to find the rules. I am a bit surprised they are not available for download.

Mantic only released the Quick Start Guide. It gives a good idea of how the game works, but you still miss important things...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.