Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking an Zombicide: Green Horde on Kickstarter, and I'm trying to figure out which of the extra buys to go for. I thought I'd create a polls to see which extras people are most excited for.

I'm assuming that a lot of people pledging also participated in the other zombicide campaigns. Which of the expansions do you think will add the most fun, or the most value?

Poll
Which Expansions do you see yourself pledging for?
  Yes Maybe No
Friends and Foes ($50)
No Rest for the Wicked ($50)
Paul Bonner Box ($20)
Adrian Smith Box ($20)
3D Plastic Obstacles ($15)
Green Custom Dice ($10)
      330 answers
Poll created by lexifer

Poll
Which additional expansions do you see yourself pledging for?
  Yes Maybe No
Fatty Bursters ($10)
Deadeye Walkers ($22)
3D Doors ($18)
Plastic Token Pack ($18)
      251 answers
Poll created by lexifer

Poll
Pretty sure you know what I'm asking by now.
  Yes Maybe No
Massive Darkness Crossover ($13)
Black Plague Ultimate Survivors ($30)
      136 answers
Poll created by lexifer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting the 3d obstacles because I got the 3d tokens in last year's Z:BP Kickstarter, so those would otherwise be the only 2d tokens I play with. I think it's unnecessary for anyone who is not getting 3d tokens for BP.

I already got the black custom dice that were available to everyone in BP so with the ones in GH I will have 3 sets of 6 dice, which is plenty. I also am not a fan of green.

The 50$ expansions all seem pretty awesome. Wolfsburg is a favorite of ours in last year's offerings, as well as the Deadeyes. I'm kind of glad for more enemy variety.

I did not go for Guest boxes last time, I find that I like the art direction to be more consistent so the different sculptor styles mess with my sense of aesthetic. There's also way too many survivors already so I only even had some mild interests for the Guest boxes with Necromancers in them, but even then none of BP's interested me. I sold off the freebie ones as soon as I got them. This time around though I'm really into the Adrian Smith one, because we play BP with random survivors and all the Aboms and NPCs and blue cards, so games can trend towards the epic end of things (crazy hard enemies on board but we got the massively overpowered weapons and sometimes survivors to take care of things). This one seems like it will often ramp up the difficulty when it comes out so it seems like a fun time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United States
Rio Medina
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd love to pick up some guest artist boxes, but so far out of the 2 options we have, I'm 0/2 interest-wise. I wouldn't have even picked up the guest box included in the pledge if given the option. I wanna see another Carl Critchlow or Paolo Parente box. A Kev Walker one would be amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pass on the artist boxes, but otherwise ... all in! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I'll pass on the artist boxes, but otherwise ... all in! meeple

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed an expansion - there's the mini-expansion of the explody zombies.

I'm actually surprised that there's not more guest artist boxes. They had a ton for the first BP kickstarter. They also haven't had a bunch of other interesting things that they had before - NPC boxes, Deadeye walkers, Crowz, extra tiles, deckholders, dice bag, extra bits, and ten different guest artist boxes.

I dunno, maybe they're planning on letting the extras out over the next week or so as the campaign ends in a torrent of extra content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandmasterstevo wrote:
I wouldn't have even picked up the guest box included in the pledge if given the option.

Think of it as a free 20ish $, unless you live in a really isolated area. For Black Plague I had a buyer within the week of receiving my pledge for the two guest boxes.

(In fact, selling early is best, given they probably won't be out in stores yet while the base box will be.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfiala wrote:

You already get those for free. The add-ons is only for more of them, it doesn't give you any extra gameplay (though if they are gameplay KS exclusives, as opposed to sculpt KS exclusives, picking up a few for resale might be a good idea).

jcfiala wrote:
They also haven't had a bunch of other interesting things that they had before - NPC boxes, Deadeye walkers, Crowz

I think they just consolidated those into the one expansion, which is why we're getting two this time around. Not sure if that's better or worse than being able to pick piecemeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
jcfiala wrote:

You already get those for free. The add-ons is only for more of them, it doesn't give you any extra gameplay (though if they are KS exclusives, picking up a few for resale might be a good idea).

I picked up more mostly just to have more - just four explody zombies seems like not enough. Plus yeah, resale.

XDarkAngelX wrote:

jcfiala wrote:
They also haven't had a bunch of other interesting things that they had before - NPC boxes, Deadeye walkers, Crowz

I think they just consolidated those into the one expansion, which is why we're getting two this time around. Not sure if that's better or worse than being able to pick piecemeal.

Well, that occurred to me. Still, even considering that, there's less add-ons than with the last kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfiala wrote:

You're right, I don't know how I missed that.

How much gameplay is added by the extra survivors? I'm intrigued by the sculpt that is two survivors in one, but I'm not sure that it justifies the guest box.

I see I'm also in the minority with the dice. I think custom dice really add to aesthetic of a game on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lexifer wrote:
How much gameplay is added by the extra survivors?

IMO not much. I've been waffling back and forth on selling the Black Plague KS exclusive ones for months, and the only reason I haven't pulled the plug is that I'm not sure individual ones will sell well without selling the full pledge (including the Abominalpha and other stuff I think is worth keeping).

We really like some of them though, like the Plague Doctor one. But they don't have Massive Darkness crossover cards, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
The price of the Paul Bonner is 30, not 20.
I for one will only pledge more then base game, if there is going to be a cross-over kit for Massive Darkness.
And probably for more then only the cross-over. Also depending on the sort of cross-over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still on the fence in general about backing the game but if I do, I'll likely pick up No Rest for the Wicket, the Paul Bonner guest box, the 3D plastic obstacles, and the green custom dice.

I really liked the gameplay concept of the paired survivor where two players control one survivor so that one was pretty much guaranteed for me. The necromancer for Adrian Smith's box is interesting but I'm trying to reduce what I pay for up front as much as possible so that'd be something that can wait until later

I also liked the sculpts for the ghost zombies and ratz to provide some variety on the table so I'd pick that up as well. The Friends and Foes box just seemed like more orcs and I have no interest in the familiars so I figure I can wait until retail if I want to get that at all in order to space out my spending for the game.

And I'm a sucker for pimping out my games so I'll definitely be picking up the 3D plastic obstacles as well as the different color dice set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lexifer wrote:

I see I'm also in the minority with the dice. I think custom dice really add to aesthetic of a game on the table.

Well, you get one set of dice with the game. Personally, I backed the Black Plague kickstarter, so I've got an extra set of dice with that set, plus a bonus black set we got as backers, and I think I might have also bought a set then... so one more set of dice isn't needed for me.

And I can never remember which is which - is the torch a 6 or a 1? It seems like it should be a good thing, so a 6, but on the other hand, it looks like a 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I guess the poll could do with updating since 3D tokens, 3d doors and deadeye walkers have just been added to the GH KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how easy it is to spend hundreds on Zombicide, I never even considered getting extra dice.

Massive Darkness was different, as they were actually custom dice, but i have so many normal D6s around at home, and can so easily get more without paying through the nose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadeye Walkers!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDDonkey wrote:
Deadeye Walkers!!!

IMO best pick from original KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
We need an updated Poll with this morning's update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
We need an updated Poll with this morning's update.

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only two I'm waffling on--other than the BP reprints which I already have--are the Guest boxes. Of the Bonner and Smith offerings, my primary "Want" is the Adrian Smith box for the unique Necro and Abominations.

Everything else I'll likely keep my pledges for--again, save for the re-prints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem with the 3D obstacles is that you get 6 hedges, but there can be up to around 25-ish hedges in the game (using all tile + tokens).

At $15 a box you'd need 5 boxes for a cool $75 (ouch)l unless you don't mind a 2D/3D mix.

I do note that one tile has a buttload of l-shaped hedges; 3D elements there will be a pain given how loaded tiles can get with a glut of zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfiala wrote:
I'm actually surprised that there's not more guest artist boxes.

Why? They most likely weren't huge sellers, and Zombicide is already overloaded with survivors if you pledge for the KS. Heck, even if you don't pledge and get it at retail you still can pick up a TON of survivors.

Just look at the poll so far. The guest boxes have almost a third as many votes as the expansions. Granted they don't have any exclusives included to help boost sales, and aren't as good of value for the money, but I have a feeling they don't fly off the shelves anyways. It seems CMON has consolidated the guest boxes and only made ones that are really interesting this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
At first I was just going to get the base box but then I saw the extra tiles and animal companions and I was like ok well just one expansion but then I saw the necromantic dragon and I was like well I really HAVE to have that but definitely nothing else and now this morning I saw the doors and I was like ooh pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Before the campaign my intention was to go all in... But my natural inclination is towards frugality.

The &50 boxes bother me in that I only want half of each. Hate the tainted walkers and expansion heroes. Don't need a second dragon or that many rats. I'd sell the unwanted bits on, but given every other Kickstarter comment is about getting X pledges to sell makes me really doubt the aftermarket.

I'll likely get the dead eyes. Other bit don't appeal. I'd love a second set of dice (base seems to come with basic red d6s) but green looks meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.