Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Feiler
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially when I get to two outcomes on a tech, I find it hard to really randomize them such that I don't know which outcome I am seeing. I want to keep it a mystery since I don't want to know if those 5 successes I drew were due to a string of luck or if I really have all successes left.

I was thinking of something like 60 green / 15 orange / 15 red wooden cubes, plastic beads, etc., in a drawstring bag, and a bunch of some kind of small, opaque reclosable container like an old film canister. Drill a small hole in the lids of the containers. When you buy a tech, blindly pull the needed outcomes from the bag, put into the canister, and recap. When you need to draw an outcome, shake it up and ease out a single outcome through the hole you drilled.

Feels a little clunky to me, anyone got better ideas? Obviously very much a first world problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it would certainly work, I imagine, that seems like a lot of work.

What I do (and this goes for any game where limited game-pieces, like cards, are down to a few and need to be re-mixed) is I just start shuffling them, while distracting myself until I can no longer determine which piece/card/token/chit/whatever is which. To distract myself, and this may seem kind of silly, I just start chanting in my head really fast "one one one one one" until I can no longer tell which piece is which.

Would probably look silly to anyone watching me, but, since I play solo, it works.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just shuffle them under the table while planning my next move. The logistics of this game are enough to distract me from subconsciously counting the shuffles under the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use the cards at all.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1526684/app-managing-outcom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blind shuffle, then roll a die as to which one you pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Blind shuffle, then roll a die as to which one you pick.

This is what I do too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffle and then ask my son (7yo) to pick a card whenever I need to.

Disclaimer: Requires a son (daughter might work, ymmw) in vicinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just draw off the top of the deck each time and keep paid-for outcomes on the advance card so you'd know when you'd reached three.

I realise this would remove the situation where you know what your last outcome is - would it make the game too hard or distort it in some other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would distort the probabilities at least whenever you don't pay for removal of an outcome.

For example, often enough with Juno or with Rendezvous, I don't remove successes at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern with that is keeping the game usable by people with colour blindness. But if you have different shapes, it's hard to do a random draw…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish it was K6 with 4x success mark and 2x per failure. Then you mark the discarded results (one that you paid to get rid of) with tokens/wooden cubes on the technology card.

When there are enough markers on your technology card you may tap/place it face down, indicating that you gained enough proficiency in this particular technology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kitzhubsch wrote:
I wish it was K6 with 4x success mark and 2x per failure. Then you mark the discarded results (one that you paid to get rid of) with tokens/wooden cubes on the technology card.

When there are enough markers on your technology card you may tap/place it face down, indicating that you gained enough proficiency in this particular technology.

What does "K6" mean in this context?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
K6 is an acronym of six sided dice. Forgot it’s polish only.

So you have to roll a die for your action outcome and this way you avoid situations where there are just success, or worst, major failure cards left in the outcome deck. The rest is explained in my previous post.

I have had hard time shuffling this deck oob since the cards are smal an my hands rather big. Reason why I really don’t like half sized cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.