Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, after FINALLY getting this superb game to the table (and THANK YOU, Dean, for the revised rulebook!), here's my first question. (And note, that my question is prompted primarily by theme)...

On an easy mission to Antwerp, I get attacked by ONE Luftwaffe squadron coming from ADJACENT hex 11...

I draw a "No Bandits" counter.

Going per the rules as written (8.8, pg 33), that Luftwaffe Squadron counter is flipped to its Rearming side. And I assume this will be the official ruling, BTW.

But, thematically, since there were no bandits, one could make the case that that Luftwaffe squadron never scrambled or never tried to intercept. Thusly is there a "Rearming" for Luftwaffe squadrons that present "No Bandits"?

I expect the thematic counterpoint to be that, the Luftwaffe Squadron did scramble to intercept my bombers, except that they simply didn't find them. Thusly, they would still need to land and be re-serviced.

So because of the above paragraph, I expect that despite a "No Bandits" counter, the Luftwaffe Squadron must Rearm, still. Just want to throw the question out there for official confirmation and fun discussion.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon haines
England
manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mb
Thats the way i play it, did happen on all sides, Squadrons got scrambled and didn't find the enemy. I think that actually adds to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
See this thread: Flak rearming ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You always flip the Luftwaffe Squadron counter, no matter what happens during the chit draw. No Bandit counters do indicate Bandits scrambled, but couldn't find the bombers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Paris
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fly and even with collision avoidance radar knowing exactly where the other aircraft is, horizontal and vertical, with radar control telling you where to other aircraft is, with clouds or other factors, it IS difficult sometimes to get a visual on the other aircraft. Yes it is one aircraft searching for one aircraft.

There are many times where we are searching and never do see the other aircraft.

I think of the No Bandit counter as they launched to intercept, but could not find the bombers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
You always flip the Luftwaffe Squadron counter, no matter what happens during the chit draw. No Bandit counters do indicate Bandits scrambled, but couldn't find the bombers.

Great... thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.