Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in N'orleans for a conference this week. Are there any game groups gathering tonight or tomorrow? Any stores I should check out?

Anxiously awaiting many replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane, welcome to Louisiana! Get thee to +1 Gaming in Metairie for a great FLGS. They have board game nights, or just go by and pick up a game.

Mac over at Go 4 Games in Metairie also runs a game night. Maybe Tuesday? Another nice store.

In the city, look for Tubby & Coo's, not sure when but they also have a night.

I recently went to The Rook on a Saturday night for gaming in the city. Big crowd, lots of good games. Not sure if they have other nights.

Good luck and Laissez les bon temps rouler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Burrows
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
We just moved to Belle Chasse in July. Coming from an area where we played games 2 to 3 nights a week. After arriving I created a facebook page for Westbank Board Gamers. It is almost impossible to get up to Metarie for game nights at the two stores during the week so I am trying to set up groups here. Anyone is welcome however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There was / is a famous Guild that goes back to some of the earliest days of BGG, the West Bank Gamers Guild. Have you checked to see if they are still around?

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/313?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, +1 Gaming in Metairie is your best bet. A bit out of the way from the city but not excessively so.

Try their board gaming Facebook group to see if you can make a connection.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/649015895204179

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.