Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Jansen
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second out of the box for our game virgins was Citadels...

I picked this one over Medici as I felt it was a much 'lighter' game than the auction game, and Mike, Christy, and I had all plyed Medici enough that I felt it would be a bit too cutthroat...

Citadels played quickly, once the roles were understood. Mike jumped out to an early lead, despite being succesfully thieved/assassinated. Highlight of the game was when I passed him the Warlord and Architech, and assassin taking out the Arch, while the thief hit the Warlord... Mike had chosen the warlord and lost 6 gold.

That said, Mike managed to go out and prevent everyone else from getting their 8th building. Even so, it was a close game, with both Jason and I having strong districts... but alas it wsn't enough.

Jason liked the game, describing it as 'Poker for D&D geeks', but Ann-Marie hated it... her words 'too much like Magic [The Gathering]'. I boggled at that analogy... they are both card games with a fantasy theme, but all similarities stop there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.