Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I started an VASSAL/ACTS game for 4 friends. I went with the 4 player campaign mode option when I set it up in ACTS. But I'm still confused about how activated major powers work if you go with 4 players in ACTS. You need to deal them new cards when they become active. How do I handle this in ACTS, since they don't appear to be available to play as and I can't change ownership? Maybe this is obvious, let me know what I'm missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I don't see how to do it either. Additionally the display seems to be wrong. I tried setting the hand size to 6-4-4-4 for Spain, England, France and Prots. When I start the game they are given to the correct powers, but the display now shows 0-6-4-4 Spain, England, France and Prots (eventhough I am logged in as Spain and has 6 cards in the lower left). And when I'm logged in as Spain and draw an extra card, it goes to the 0 card hand of Spain, that I am not in. Very confusing - don't you have this problem? (after drawing one extra cards, the display in upper left show 1-6-4-4 - it is not added to the 6 card hand, that I can see in the lower left).

If no one comes with an answer, you could instead start a 6 player game. Then set the hand size for Ottoman and HRE to 0 at the start. Then when activated you deal cards by drawing one at a time. If still activated at end of turn you set their hand size as normal. The disadvantage with this option is, that ACTS wants to force 6 players in the game. This means that the their mandatory events will be removed from the deck even if you set them to be in it manually - I tried this a year or two ago (when you hit end of turn they are added, so nothing can be done about it).

A solution to this is to simply pretend that two "war cards" are the mandatory activation cards. These should be taken out if Ottoman and HRE are not player powers. You all just need to remember, that War in Persia is really the mandatory event "The Sublime Porte" - and that War in Poland" is really "German Intervention".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.