Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Q Asset and Keywords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do i understand this correct: when i have an asset, this asset's keywords are "in play" for my hero?

Example: i have the asset "Royalty" in play, which gives my hero the keywords "Title" and "Rank". I encounter the "Watchman" who has the weakness "Rank". Can i overcome (1AP) and defeat the "Watchman" because of my "Royalty" asset's keyword?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but even better Overcome is a Deed and so doesn't even cost you the AP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you're right. It's a deed!
Thx a lot, Chris!

Tried to look this up in the rulebook during play, did not find it. Played it right in the end... phew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I came across were I had an asset card that had the same keyword as my class card does it still count as my class card doesn't have an asterix next to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
I came across were I had an asset card that had the same keyword as my class card does it still count as my class card doesn't have an asterix next to it?

I don't think that your class or skills count when it comes to the unique keywords as, although they are usable for encounters, they are not for Saga completion. Plus, it then locks out some of the most useful allies for each class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with that. Your class keyword has no asterix, hence it will not compete against a unique keyword. And: you do not use your class keywords for saga completion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ jmoetting why keep posting the same a answer ? Cross post is better then when it his confirmed or rejected as here people are not misled.

The * is just to denote unique keywords, as per lists in the rulebook for reward/assets cards , to limit holding multiple ones but but not to limit there use. You always have your skills and class keywords as they are part of your character and don't count against holding unique keywords on assets.
jmoetting wrote:
I'd agree with that. Your class keyword has no asterix, hence it will not compete against a unique keyword. And: you do not use your class keywords for saga completion.

Yes it does

ninjadorg wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:
Does a reward with a Unique keyword replace your Class if it has that keyword?

No.
As a general rule, if a rule is not written somewhere, try not to assume that that rule exists.

Toc13 wrote:
I'm going with a 'No' as your Class cannot be replaced.

Iirc, you Class & Skill keywords an be used to defeat Encounters but not to Regale your Saga

Half right, Toc!

p17.
Quote:
Skill Types, Reward Types and Encounter Types (on Skills,
Rewards and Encounters) are always considered keywords
and may be used during a Regale Action.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1799043/does-reward-uni...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, now you confused me even more @jerry :/

Please clarify:

Asset/unique keywords
Unique keywords limit the number of assets you can have in play. They are marked with an asterix.
There is no asterix on any class or race keyword, those keywords are not unique and are not used for asset limitation.

Keywords/Regale/Saga
You can use the keywords on skill cards, on reward cards, or encounter cards during a regale action for completing a saga chapter.
You cannot use the keywords on race or class cards for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.