Hand of Fate: Ordeals» Forums » General

Subject: Equipment cards - what would You like add/remove/edit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michał Murawski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi! I thought out this section for discusion regarding equipment cards.

So anything you think is missing? You would like to see some cards to be added?

Any cards need balancing? Buffing? Nerfing?

I myself find the fact there is only 4 armour cards quite sad - there is only one armour per player - if they come out. I think there should be twice that amount. Or maybe one or two in relic deck. Since at the moment relic deck is overhelmed with trinkets. It could be easly changed, moving abilities from some trinkets as they are and simply make armour from it. In example instead of trinket "detonator" -> "necromancer robe"

Regarding powers of those armours it can be hard to come up with something usefull. Since there is armour like "silken robes" that increase Draw value of your weapon there could be two aditional that increase other wepon stats: "stack limit" and "base strenght". Other idea I have for armour is to double efectivnes of basic cards during combat! So strives can provide 2 instead of one.

I would also love to see boots equipment cards back into game! On one of photos during intervie it was clearly visible they were experimenting with the concept but for some reason decide to scrach that equipment is so nicely thought out and and how it commes together to "create your caracter with diffrent gear" marvelous! Its a pity they scraped that i hope they'll bring that back to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Murawski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Right now there are some problems with rules when a player has his equipment cards in his deck/discard pile (i.e. due to death or other game effect) and buys a new one,for example - What happens if he draws his original equipment onto his hand?

I think this issue with equipment cards being in the players deck is already known, by game creators, and will be ruled sooner or later.

So why not fully embrace this, and make some nice game mechanic out of it? That opens doors for equipment cards that have some powerful effects, but in order to use them you have to discard them! Then you have to draw it from your deck, and play in order to use it again. Thanks to this (unless your deck consist of 5-6 cards) you'll be using that effect once in 3-4 turns. That would be a good balancing mechanic, right?

Also having cards like that purposefully in your deck will slightly clog your hand, making your turns potentially less efficient, which might be a nice trade of for slightly more powerful effect.

Prime candidate for that would be "trinkets" and "offhand" equipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McIntyre
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi Michal,

Boots left the game for two reasons, 1: They didn't exist in HOF so in terms of the universe we didn't want to add too much. 2: The game already has quite a lot of equipment, when we needed to cut down boots were the easiest to get rid of.

With equipment that comes out of your deck due to player death or forced discard, when drawn can be played to your board. If you had a piece already in that slot, you should be able to choose which piece to keep and which to stash.

We have experimented with equipment that flows through the deck, getting discarded when used. We may still use it, just have to see how we go with the final balancing.

Thanks for the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Murawski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Barantas wrote:
Hi Michal,

Boots left the game for two reasons, 1: They didn't exist in HOF so in terms of the universe we didn't want to add too much. 2: The game already has quite a lot of equipment, when we needed to cut down boots were the easiest to get rid of.

You know what equipment was in the video game?

GLOVES!!!

Worth considering don't know how that would fit on the player board though. That could be like additional "trinket" slot, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Murawski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Okay here are my fee points on armour

BERSERKER ARMOUR
The first time you draw a pain card in a turn, draw a card.

Knowing that there is a HEAVY ARMOUR and SILKEN ROBES in somwhere in Dealer's deck I would never buy that armour or I would replace it instantly something better would show up.

There is simply no need for draw card abilities in a game, also this ability is not related to the combat as it should. I would find this card to be much more useful, if it allowed you to attach drawn card to your weapon! This means it would trigger if you push. You draw a pain card/cards and draw additional card/cards! This way the more punishment you get the more enraged you are and more damage you deal - that is the idea behind berserkers, right?

BERSERKER ARMOUR - Combat related
Each time you draw a pain card during combat, draw a card and attach it to your weapon.

It can spin out of control easily real quick and possibly would be a perfect tool to kill bosses? So it can be limited to one per push or something like that.

WANDERERS ROBE is fine I guess. It serves it purpose.

one more thing.

THERE ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE A RELIC ARMOUR!

I can't see it other way around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Murawski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Since there is two equipment cards that increase draw value of a weapon:

-Silken robes
-Shield of the watcher

Why there is no equipment or relic that increase the stack limit of a weapon?

Well there is "Detonator" relic but it doesn't allow you to keep one more card attached above limit? Maybe the minion attached doesn't count against your stack limit? That would ba a step in right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.