Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Jenkins
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing S25, Early Battles, and am confused about vehicles, DFF, and MSA.

Consider a stopped vehicle. An infantry unit (or a vehicle) moves. If the infantry unit began its movement in the vehicle's LOS, then the vehicle may not make a Motion Status Attempt and can only DFF at the infantry unit if the unit moves into its current VCA/TCA. Correct?

If the infantry unit did not begin its movement phase in the LOS of the vehicle, then the vehicle can make an MSA once the infantry unit moves into its LOS by rolling less than the number of MF spent in the LOS. The more MF spent in the LOS the better chance the MSA has of being successful. If the MSA is successful, the vehicle can make VCA/TCA changes and DFF. Correct?

Question: What if the vehicle ended its previous turn in Motion, marked with a motion counter. Does this vehicle still need to make an MSA in order to DFF prior to the unit entering its current VCA/TCA?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dubarnik wrote:
I'm playing S25, Early Battles, and am confused about vehicles, DFF, and MSA.

Consider a stopped vehicle. An infantry unit (or a vehicle) moves. If the infantry unit began its movement in the vehicle's LOS, then the vehicle may not make a Motion Status Attempt and can only DFF at the infantry unit if the unit moves into its current VCA/TCA. Correct?

If the infantry unit did not begin its movement phase in the LOS of the vehicle, then the vehicle can make an MSA once the infantry unit moves into its LOS by rolling less than the number of MF spent in the LOS. The more MF spent in the LOS the better chance the MSA has of being successful. If the MSA is successful, the vehicle can make VCA/TCA changes and DFF. Correct?

Question: What if the vehicle ended its previous turn in Motion, marked with a motion counter. Does this vehicle still need to make an MSA in order to DFF prior to the unit entering its current VCA/TCA?

Thanks in advance.

In the first case, the stopped vehicle can fire outside its existing CA by changing CA and paying the appropriate TH DRM. In any case, it does not need to make a Motion attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing for the last one basically. Also, as the vehicle is already in Motion, it cannot make an attempt. I think Motion attempt is mostly for when you are trying to save yourself (making it harder for the enemy to hit you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Jenkins
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I was way off on my interpretation of vehicular DFF. Again, thanks to both respondents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.