Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Triplock» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I have it in my calendar that today Triplock will launch on Kickstarter. Any updates?

EDIT - I just checked facebook, it's happening today indeed! Excited!

EDIT - Here is the Kickstarter link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chiptheorygames/triploc...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the announcement on Twitter this morning. I'm also pretty excited. The price point is much lower than expected.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tiny game, so it has a medium-sized game cost, due to Chip Theory components. Seems about normal for their pricing to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're probably right but I wasn't sure what to expect before.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
live in 30 mins at 11 am EST (USA)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded within 7 minutes. Congratulations CTG!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I backed the late shipping one by accident and went in and changed the pledge to the early shipping.
there are 19 backers on that late one. is there any reason they would do that or was it a mistake for them too?
are both the same product?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Both are the same product. Maybe they won't be available to receive the shipment in August. Probably just a mistake though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, somehow I'm underwhelmed with this and I can't really explain why this is. The components are going to be great looking and great quality. It seems to abolish my main complaints about TMB (being: the exorbitant play time, the extreme randomness for encounter setups, the very slow level progression, the boring and pointless lockpicking). It's steampunk, which I love. It's 2-player, which is my main player count, yay! It's reasonably priced, good!

So... why have I no real desire to get this game? Maybe it's because I find the intro video beautiful looking but ultimately not very enlightening on how the game plays? Maybe because there really isn't that much game that I can currently find? Maybe because TMB (while being decent entertainment) also felt like it could have been more than it ultimately was?

Maybe someone can enlighten me and maybe help me find some enthusiasm? Because I really like the guys at CTG and they are doing a great job for the community. But right now I think I'll just put it on my watchlist and see how it develops...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leyla Yakova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yep, congratulations guys, excited to be backing this and looking forward to playing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant-back for me--I've loved everything Chip Theory has produced. I'm excited to see what they do with a smaller game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
Hm, somehow I'm underwhelmed with this and I can't really explain why this is. The components are going to be great looking and great quality. It seems to abolish my main complaints about TMB (being: the exorbitant play time, the extreme randomness for encounter setups, the very slow level progression, the boring and pointless lockpicking). It's steampunk, which I love. It's 2-player, which is my main player count, yay! It's reasonably priced, good!

So... why have I no real desire to get this game? Maybe it's because I find the intro video beautiful looking but ultimately not very enlightening on how the game plays? Maybe because there really isn't that much game that I can currently find? Maybe because TMB (while being decent entertainment) also felt like it could have been more than it ultimately was?

Maybe someone can enlighten me and maybe help me find some enthusiasm? Because I really like the guys at CTG and they are doing a great job for the community. But right now I think I'll just put it on my watchlist and see how it develops...


Why didn't you watch the playthrough video? I think it answers everything.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm totally jazzed at the prospect of fitting a 10-15 minute session of CTG awesomeness into my day. I might take this to the office and keep it there.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Ricky Royal has a solo demo: https://youtu.be/dxIiiX-t3eg
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great that they have produced a quick puzzley 1-2 player game with the hallmark CTG components for $22 and shipping to UK only $10.
They did a great live KS event for over 2 hours where they answered questions about Triplock and TMB. Well done guys.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:


Maybe someone can enlighten me and maybe help me find some enthusiasm? (


The information available to you regarding this game (Kickstarter) is the same information the rest of us have. If it doesn't do it for you, then isn't that the end of it? Why ask someone to convince you you're wrong? That sounds so tedious a task to ask of a stranger.

This being said, I came to the BGG entry because I stumbled on this game via the Kickstarter recommendations. I have never heard of Chip Theory. I have never heard of this game until today.

I'm not a fan of Steampunk. I think it's a bit of a fad. I think it's nonsensical and is just a reinterpretation of Rube Goldberg.

This again being said, after reading the Kickstarter page and watching the video I was extremely intrigued. The same things that seemed to turn off the above quoted post is what turned me on to it.

What sealed the deal was the price point. I've spent MUCH more on games that got a single play and hit the Bay for sale.

Game looks fun. These guys look as though they know what they're doing. And the in-hands date seems dubiously quick.

But whatever, for the money I'm in. If the game is half as good as it seems I'll be happy.

Play time - 15 mi
Player count 1-2 players
Price under $30.00
Game components look overproduced
Game mechanics look interesting

-BACKED-
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! Thanks for joining us today. We're working on getting assets up and submitted here for the Triplock page as well Feel free to ask questions, we're trying to patrol everywhere right now to cover our bases
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:

This being said, I came to the BGG entry because I stumbled on this game via the Kickstarter recommendations. I have never heard of Chip Theory. I have never heard of this game until today.


I stumbled across Hoplomachus: Origins last year and am a Huge fan of CTG games... I skipped Too Many Bones due to timing and was planning on getting other of the Hoplo games (Rise of Rome, or The Lost Cities) soon but have been waiting to see what Triplock was about since they've been teasing it a while now.

Maddest Hatter wrote:

I'm not a fan of Steampunk. I think it's a bit of a fad. I think it's nonsensical and is just a reinterpretation of Rube Goldberg.

The Steampunk stuff is easily ignored if it's not your cup of tea (I really don't care much for it). I'm in it for the gameplay myself.

Maddest Hatter wrote:
What sealed the deal was the price point. I've spent MUCH more on games that got a single play and hit the Bay for sale.

Game looks fun. These guys look as though they know what they're doing. And the in-hands date seems dubiously quick.

But whatever, for the money I'm in. If the game is half as good as it seems I'll be happy.

Play time - 15 mi
Player count 1-2 players
Price under $30.00
Game components look overproduced
Game mechanics look interesting

-BACKED-


Agreed! The price point is less than $30 shipped and CTG doesn't use online stores other than their own so any saving now is worth it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.