Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: 2 heroes vs. 4 heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I'm looking forward to receiving my copy tomorrow. However, I'm wondering if my wife and me should play with one or two heroes each. What is your experience? Does it play with 2 heroes as well as with 4 heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game should work equally well with either count. The main benefit of four heroes is that you have a more diverse set of options for dealing with different threats and utilizing different types of equipment (although you'll also face a corresponding larger number of enemies). The downside is that the game will take longer because you'll have twice as many hero turns per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For me playing solo, the question is 2 heroes or 3? Aside from the time and management overhead, the third hero is essentially 'free' in terms of quest difficulty for everything except spawning rules because 2 and 3 hero parties are lumped together in the same bucket.

Perhaps I'll try 3 for an especially difficult quest or as a way to experience more heroes faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmoe
United States
California
flag msg tools
Friedmutant wrote:

For me playing solo, the question is 2 heroes or 3? Aside from the time and management overhead, the third hero is essentially 'free' in terms of quest difficulty for everything except spawning rules because 2 and 3 hero parties are lumped together in the same bucket.

Perhaps I'll try 3 for an especially difficult quest or as a way to experience more heroes faster.

I did a solo play with 3 heroes and it seems the most beneficial. If it's your first time, I would definitely recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Having looked at all hero powers, I think either will work but you will want to put more effort into selecting heroes and starting powers for a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cozar wrote:
Having looked at all hero powers, I think either will work but you will want to put more effort into selecting heroes and starting powers for a 2 player game.

Lol...I reached into the bag and pulled out the first two heroes I found. You mean there's supposed to be more to it than that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Friedmutant wrote:
Cozar wrote:

Lol...I reached into the bag and pulled out the first two heroes I found. You mean there's supposed to be more to it than that? :p

Not at all. My 3-man group chose as follows "I want a barbarian with dual wield." "Is there a mage character?" Me - "I guess I'll take the Kickstarter exclusive character." - and we had a blast.

It was the next night I actually looked at the powers of the characters and realized that there could be strategy in group formation (beyond tank/healer/dps).

For example, I suspect the "mighty presence" power that a couple of heroes have is better in a 2-hero game than 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I solo five. It's a blast. Do five instead of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
I solo five. It's a blast. Do five instead of 4.

I suppose I should try that at least once. I'll have to move to a bigger table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.