Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Ratz

Tuscaloosa
Alabama
msg tools
mb
Help us out with this:

We played last night, and one player consistently lost to the investigators. The penalty for losing was removing a marker from a level 3 or 4 building. On subsequent turns, however, he was able to expand to that same building again. Does he get the reward a second (or third) time? In this case, that was 4 points. Or does a player lose the reward for removal? Or is there something from preventing a player from receiving that reward multiple times?

He won the game, and the entire time he said, "if I'm allowed to get these 4 points again, then I think this mechanism is a bit broken." As far as he was concerned, he was never going to be able to expand to a level-4 building from there, and he was earning 4 easy points after losing to an investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you lose a building, you lose the points as well. If you expand to the building again, you get the points back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
When you lose a building, you lose the points as well. If you expand to the building again, you get the points back.

Yep, just like in the cousin game Kingsburg. Many Kingsburg players count their building points at the end of the game instead of keeping track of it during the game for this reason. However, there are some scenarios that uses current victory points to determine certain things (I think there's one that uses VP instead of dice rolls to determine player order for the placement phase), so you can't get away with not scoring buildings if you're playing that scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.