19 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Divider size and sleeving rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the dimensions of the divider cards?

I'd like to sleeve mine to ensure the dividers stay in best condition for as long as possible. I'm planning on making a game box for all the other sleeved cards, as I want to SLEEVE EVERYTHING!

Can anyone help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be clinically insane if you're going to attempt to sleeve everything. ninja

Not sure of the dimensions off hand, but from the FAQ on the Kickstarter page:

Base game + expansions + addons represent more than 1300 cards.

We proposed an addon that allows to sleeve Action (blue) and State (red) cards because those are the cards that you'll manipulate the most.

All the cards (including the sleeved Action and State cards) will fit in the box and its storage trays. However it will NOT hold 1300+ sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:

I'd like to sleeve mine to ensure the dividers stay in best condition for as long as possible. I'm planning on making a game box for all the other sleeved cards, as I want to SLEEVE EVERYTHING!

Can anyone help?

Also most cards you'll use ONCE. =D

Soooo, there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from a habitual sleever, sleeving the dividers maaaayyyy be overkill... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
laucion wrote:

Soooo, there's that.

It only takes a single finger to mark a mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember to sleeve the whole box too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:
I want to SLEEVE EVERYTHING!
Can anyone help?

psychiatrist? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:
laucion wrote:

Soooo, there's that.

just wear gloves. $2 from the supermarket.

There you go, you can donate your savings to me.

Pm me for my bank account details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:

Don't point your finger at me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:
laucion wrote:

Soooo, there's that.

Stop eating Cheetos while playing games.

Seriously, since the location cards make up the "board", sleeving the cards in this game would be like sleeving the board. Personally, I think the "map" will look a lot better on the table without sleeves, since you'd get a light glare off of the sleeves. I totally understand sleeving the cards that will make up a player's hand, since those cards will be handled and shuffled. YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
remus wrote:
You might be clinically insane if you're going to attempt to sleeve everything. :ninja:

We proposed an addon that allows to sleeve Action (blue) and State (red) cards because those are the cards that you'll manipulate the most.

All the cards (including the sleeved Action and State cards) will fit in the box and its storage trays. However it will NOT hold 1300+ sleeved cards.

FYI, state card is a part of Exploring (numbers) cards now, instead of red card (same as food cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
cori226 wrote:
remus wrote:
You might be clinically insane if you're going to attempt to sleeve everything. ninja

FYI, state card is a part of Exploring (numbers) cards now, instead of red card (same as food cards)

Yep, good point. This was a copy/paste from the FAQ on the KS page which they never updated when they made the change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:

Seriously, the original poster asked for the size of the divider cards, not your opinion on whether he ought to sleeve, or your assessments of his mental health.

I think it is fine that some folks suggested he might not need to sleeve everything, they were meant in a helpful spirit.

Those that offered comments on his mental health, his eating habits, or hygiene ... isn't there someplace else you can go to be snarky? It is actually MORE work to post a mean spirited comment that to just click the back button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carrion wrote:
It is actually MORE work to post a mean spirited comment that to just click the back button.

You're assuming that expended effort is the deciding factor for the actions a person takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it is not. I was trying to appeal to the lazy side of the snarky posters, in hope of reawakening it.

kelann08 wrote:
carrion wrote:
It is actually MORE work to post a mean spirited comment that to just click the back button.

You're assuming that expended effort is the deciding factor for the actions a person takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
I´d like to sleeve as recommended only Action (blue) and State (red) cards. Can anyboudy pass me some final or most likely nearby exakt figures how many card sleeves I have to horde for this purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobinsky wrote:
I´d like to sleeve as recommended only Action (blue) and State (red) cards. Can anyboudy pass me some final or most likely nearby exakt figures how many card sleeves I have to horde for this purpose?
Serious Pulp offered a set of high quality sleeves for the action and state cards counting 150 sleeves. That should be enough to sleeve abovementioned cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tobinsky wrote:
I´d like to sleeve as recommended only Action (blue) and State (red) cards. Can anyboudy pass me some final or most likely nearby exakt figures how many card sleeves I have to horde for this purpose? ;)

I wrote this post, hope it helps (if you find it help, you can reply, so other can see it on the top)
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1756688/latest-cards-ty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cori226 wrote:
Tobinsky wrote:
I´d like to sleeve as recommended only Action (blue) and State (red) cards. Can anyboudy pass me some final or most likely nearby exakt figures how many card sleeves I have to horde for this purpose? ;)

I wrote this post, hope it helps (if you find it help, you can reply, so other can see it on the top)
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1756688/latest-cards-ty...

BTW, there's no more RED cards, they are included in Numbered cards now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.