Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
54 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » General

Subject: What We Want - Once More With Feeling Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spam this thread

-rudy

I want to see just one card. See how these stills look like on them.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What We Want - Clever Title Here
So, 51 tokens...

One for a central day/night tracker?

50 = 10 tokens per 5 players?

Thread title:
The Chosen One Edition?
Once More With Feeling Edition?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For the tokens, my head went straight GotG expansion... Maybe something similar to that?

-rudy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly in quality. The tokens in VS 2PCG are the same thickness and material.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Thread title:
The Chosen One Edition?
Once More With Feeling Edition?


Symmetry dictates it should be "Chosen Edition".

As for hopes and dreams. I'm not sure if 500 cards is enough for a one-and-done... let's see... First off, 60 cards go for the starting hands. Then 20 "Watcher" cards (i.e. Maria Hill), 30 wounds and 30 bystanders. That's 140 cards down.

Then you'd need 7 Big Bads:

1. The Master
2. Angelus
3. The Mayor
4. Adam
5. Glory
6. Evil Willow
7. The First

That takes care of 35 cards. That leaves 325 card for Scoobies, villains and henchmen.

I think the must have heroes are:

1. Buffy
2. Willow
3. Xander
4. Giles
5. Angel
6. Spike
7. Dawn
8. Cordelia
9. Tara
10. Anya

I think these 10 are essential, beyond that you get to ones like Faith, Oz, Riley, etc. which are very likely to be featured, but I could see them being left out. Let's assume these 10 make it in - that's another 140 cards.

I think 10 villain groups and 5 henchmen groups make a good, solid number - that's a total of 130 cards.

5 master strikes and 11 scheme twists still leave us with 39 card to play around with. Those could be 2 more heroes (Faith & Oz would be my bet) and 11 schemes.

It might happen...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine that we'd only get 10-12 heroes in the set. I wouldn't be surprised if they scale back the villains to 8 and henchmen to 4, leaving 65 (39 + 26) cards, raising hero count to 14. That would give room for Faith, Oz, Riley, and one of the bonus slayers from S7, or Andrew.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Even a small starter like Big Trouble had 9 heroes. I'm sure Buffy will have around 15 heroes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.

I would think we will see some official restrictions on what characters can be played depending on the Big Bad (Mastermind) chosen.

If Angelus is in the game, then I would imagine his cards explicitly state that Angel cannot be one of the heroes played. A similar thing with Faith with The Mayor. I think Faith would be included in The Mayor's villain group.

If Spike & Dru are villains in the game, they could be a dual Big Bad, a villain group tied to Angelus. Spike will also most likely be a hero as well, so I would think he would be restricted if the villain Spike is in play.

Similar deal with Willow/Dark Willow.

As for the amount of heroes in the game, I would love to see the list as high as 15. That would match Marvel's base game count (which also had 15 heroes).

I would like to see:

1. Buffy
2. Willow
3. Xander
4. Giles
5. Cordelia
6. Angel
7. Oz
8. Faith
9. Anya
10. Tara
11. Riley
12. Spike
13. Dawn
14. Either Andrew/Principal Wood/Wesley Wyndam-Pryce/Kendra
15. Potential Slayers (Probably a mix of Kennedy, Violet and Rona)

Having said that though, this game will definitely have more Big Bads then Marvel had Masterminds, so that could definitely eat into the Scoobie count.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.


That's a good point. He could be one of the few playable heroes that care about the day/night tracker and gets stronger at night. (Along with Angel and Spike.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.


That's a good point. He could be one of the few playable heroes that care about the day/night tracker and gets stronger at night. (Along with Angel and Spike.)


Definitely. I wonder if Oz (and all other characters affected by day/night) will have divided cards like the ones introduced in Civil War with a Day/Night split. That could be a cool feature to add. Or when it comes to the Day/Night stuff they might have simpler rules like Oz/Vamps earn an extra fight at night, enemies are harder to kill at night, easier during day, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.


That's a good point. He could be one of the few playable heroes that care about the day/night tracker and gets stronger at night. (Along with Angel and Spike.)


Definitely. I wonder if Oz (and all other characters affected by day/night) will have divided cards like the ones introduced in Civil War with a Day/Night split. That could be a cool feature to add. Or when it comes to the Day/Night stuff they might have simpler rules like Oz/Vamps earn an extra fight at night, enemies are harder to kill at night, easier during day, etc.


It is a light/dark track, as in good/evil, not day/night. The characters that care about the track will do so in a good/evil thematic way, not with a time of day theme.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, well that's totally different then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is it a global track, or do different elements have their own tracks?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
Wyndam22 wrote:
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.

I would think we will see some official restrictions on what characters can be played depending on the Big Bad (Mastermind) chosen.

If Angelus is in the game, then I would imagine his cards explicitly state that Angel cannot be one of the heroes played. A similar thing with Faith with The Mayor. I think Faith would be included in The Mayor's villain group.

If Spike & Dru are villains in the game, they could be a dual Big Bad, a villain group tied to Angelus. Spike will also most likely be a hero as well, so I would think he would be restricted if the villain Spike is in play.

Similar deal with Willow/Dark Willow.

As for the amount of heroes in the game, I would love to see the list as high as 15. That would match Marvel's base game count (which also had 15 heroes).

I would like to see:

1. Buffy
2. Willow
3. Xander
4. Giles
5. Cordelia
6. Angel
7. Oz
8. Faith
9. Anya
10. Tara
11. Riley
12. Spike
13. Dawn
14. Either Andrew/Principal Wood/Wesley Wyndam-Pryce/Kendra
15. Potential Slayers (Probably a mix of Kennedy, Violet and Rona)

Having said that though, this game will definitely have more Big Bads then Marvel had Masterminds, so that could definitely eat into the Scoobie count.


Number of Masterminds and heroes might depend on whether they plan to have this as a standalone game or are planning expansions. For example, the box set could only contain content for, say, the first 4 seasons of the TV show, with seasons 5-7 being released as one or more expansion packs later.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I would think we will see some official restrictions on what characters can be played depending on the Big Bad (Mastermind) chosen.



I highly doubt this would happen. If you want to make your games more thematic, just don't include Angel when using the Angelus Big Bad, but I don't think this will be a hard-set rule.

There's nothing in Marvel Legendary that's stopping you from using Iron Man against the Iron Man mastermind....

Also - are we sure the Light/Dark track refers to good/evil and not day/night? Because I seem to remember hearing that it is a time-of-day thing....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Also - are we sure the Light/Dark track refers to good/evil and not day/night? Because I seem to remember hearing that it is a time-of-day thing....


Unless I'm horribly off base, Nick's the designer, so I'd take his word for it.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:
I think we will definitely see Oz as a playable character because (a) he's on the promotional art in the What We Know thread and (b) a lot of the Scoobies are unexceptionally human (Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Dawn), so having Oz mixed in, being a wereworlf, would be a mechanic that the designers would not want to leave out.


That's a good point. He could be one of the few playable heroes that care about the day/night tracker and gets stronger at night. (Along with Angel and Spike.)


Definitely. I wonder if Oz (and all other characters affected by day/night) will have divided cards like the ones introduced in Civil War with a Day/Night split. That could be a cool feature to add. Or when it comes to the Day/Night stuff they might have simpler rules like Oz/Vamps earn an extra fight at night, enemies are harder to kill at night, easier during day, etc.


It is a light/dark track, as in good/evil, not day/night. The characters that care about the track will do so in a good/evil thematic way, not with a time of day theme.


Thanks for clearing that up!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Oh, well that's totally different then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is it a global track, or do different elements have their own tracks?


There is only one light/dark track. The track is meant to represent who is winning the larger battle for Sunnydale at the time. Certain cards will either "Advance the Dark" or "Advance the Light." Also defeating villains in areas with high visibility will Advance the Light, ie, The Bronze/Downtown Sunnydale.

Villains and heroes will become stronger or weaker depending on where the track is. If the track gets too dark, the Big Bad activates a special ability and the track resets. This would represent the plot points in a season where the Big Bad achieves a major victory. Players also get bonuses for advancing the marker to the light end of the track.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
Also - are we sure the Light/Dark track refers to good/evil and not day/night? Because I seem to remember hearing that it is a time-of-day thing....


Unless I'm horribly off base, Nick's the designer, so I'd take his word for it.


Heh... I didn't even notice who was posting

Yeah, that's about as good a source as they get.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seeing the Gentlemen in all their pure creepiness has me sold on the screencaps.



The ancient texts in the background of the red swoosh and text box are a nice touch, too.



So it looks like Buffy has a Slayer affiliation, and Willow is probably Sunnydale, but I'm not sure about Angel. Vampire affiliation?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had Willow as a Scoobies affiliation but Sunnydale makes more sense.
I also think Angel is Vampire affiliated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The villain cards definitely benefit the most from the screencaps. I think the Scoobies caps are a bit too bright. If that is Buffy's Legendary card, I wish it would have been her with the Slayer Scythe instead, but that is a minor quibble (I also think Slaymaster General is kind of dumb..."The Chosen One" would work better). I think they will look even better in person though. The Light/Dark mechanic definitely looks fun already.

TravelSized wrote:
So it looks like Buffy has a Slayer affiliation, and Willow is probably Sunnydale, but I'm not sure about Angel. Vampire affiliation?


Angel's could definitely be Vampire specific, or they could go with a Demon affiliation symbol, or maybe just "Reformed Baddie." If its the latter then Anya could technically fall within that group. With Buffy having her own Slayer affiliation I think we will definitely at least see a playable Faith then, perhaps even Kendra or the Potential Slayers from Season 7 as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm betting Buffy appears multiple times in this set, once with each relevant affiliation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rogers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this goes well and is well received. I want an Angel show expansion that adds in his cast of heroes, Cordelia, Wes, Charles, Fred, Doyle, Connor. It could probably be done as 100 card pack but with 5 seasons it could easily be done as a 350 card box which would be preferred and could give alternate versions of several Buffy cast members. Fingers crossed!
8 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as I get something with the Smile Time puppet characters, I'll be happy.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, want an Angel big box as well (I actually prefer Angel to BtVS, but I love both dearly). Puppet Angel would be a MUST have hero. I think Angel could definitely have enough content to warrant a Big Box.

Heroes: Angel, Doyle, Cordy, Wesley, Gunn, Lorne, Fred, Illyria, Spike, Conner, Puppet Angel, Kate, Nina, Groo. Harmony, Lindsey, Lilah and Darla could also have "hero" versions since they all turned away from villainy (at least for a little while).

Big Bads: Wolfram & Hart, Drusilla & Darla, Silas (could just be in a Pylea themed villain group), Holtz, Jasmine, The Beast (could just be a part of Jasmine's villain group), Angelus, Hamilton and Circle of Black Thorn. Illyria could also have a Big Bad version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.