Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The translation in these instructions is not as bad as some of the other Oink games, however, there still is some vague verbiage. I am going to list each section and double check its meaning.

1. This is just the goal of the game, easy enough. The person with the most company cards of a particular company gets paid coins from other players that have the same company cards.

2. Game prep. Everyone gets 10 1 chips. Keep them on the 1 side. Shuffle cards and put 5 aside removed from the game. Deal 3 cards to each player. Those cards are kept secret.

3. Game setup. This just defines the play areas, fairly straight forward.

4. Gameplay. Simple flow chart. Pick up card, play a card. Game end when last card is drawn, Love Letter style.

5. Take a card.
A. If you take from the pile you must pay a chip to each card in the market. if you don't have enough chips to cover the cost you cannot do this option. You do not have to put chips on companies you have majority control of. Does this include if you tie with another player and the other player has the anti-monopoly chip?
B. If you take a card from the market you get the chips on it. You cannot take a company card if you have the anti-monopoly chip. This is the confusing part but due to another post it sound like the company you just picked up from the market you can't play. That keeps people from doing a non-move or just gain chips.

6. Place a card. A. To your tableau. Evaluate if you have majority and gain anti-monopoly chip. B. Play to market.

7. Anti-monopoly chips. Integrated into 5 and 6 above.

8. Points. This is a little confusing. Based of of a review I think I get it but want to make sure. When it says every player puts their 3 cards down does that mean add to tableau? Or do you evaluate just the 3 cards from your hand when paying out coins? I assume you add to tableau and you evaluate your tableau.
For each company card you have, if you are not the majority, you flip one of your 1 chips over to 3 and give it to the majority holder. If majority tie no payout. You can only pay with 1 chips, not 3 chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
sirpoonga wrote:
5. Take a card.
A. If you take from the pile you must pay a chip to each card in the market. if you don't have enough chips to cover the cost you cannot do this option. You do not have to put chips on companies you have majority control of. Does this include if you tie with another player and the other player has the anti-monopoly chip?

The player with the anti-monopoly chip is the one who can't take the matching cards and doesn't have to put money on it. If you're tied with that player you don't get any special exceptions to the normal rules.

sirpoonga wrote:
B. If you take a card from the market you get the chips on it. You cannot take a company card if you have the anti-monopoly chip. This is the confusing part but due to another post it sound like the company you just picked up from the market you can't play. That keeps people from doing a non-move or just gain chips.

You can't play a matching card to the middle but you can play it in front of you, e.g. if I pick up a 7 face up from the market, I can't play that or any other 7 to the market this turn. I can play a 7 in front of myself and I can play a 7 to the market on later turns. Yes, it seems to be designed to stop you cycling the money off market cards and/or taking a nothing turn.

sirpoonga wrote:

8. Points. This is a little confusing. Based of of a review I think I get it but want to make sure. When it says every player puts their 3 cards down does that mean add to tableau? Or do you evaluate just the 3 cards from your hand when paying out coins? I assume you add to tableau and you evaluate your tableau.
For each company card you have, if you are not the majority, you flip one of your 1 chips over to 3 and give it to the majority holder. If majority tie no payout. You can only pay with 1 chips, not 3 chips.

The 3 hand cards are added to your personal tableau. All personal tableau cards are part of scoring for that player, either played during the game or the ones you're forced to play at the end.

You're correct on how payments are made to majority holders. Someone who has paid out all their 1 tokens still makes payments to majority holders but you use some other means of tracking those 3s, such as the +2/+1/-1 tokens. You never pay out your 3 tokens.

Everything else sounds accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that is what I was expecting the answers to be, but with the vagueness of the rules I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rayvan loprang
Indonesia
flag msg tools
may i have a little question...
how bout if 2 or more person have some amount of money... who is get the 2+ chips

thx u

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
rayvanloprang wrote:
may i have a little question...
how bout if 2 or more person have some amount of money... who is get the 2+ chips

thx u

If there's a tie then there's no majority and no payments for that company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
... and for scoring...

Are chips worth 3 points only if you gained them via your majorities?

Every other chip I still possess at the end is worth 1 point?

Thanks,

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuto Fujikawa
Japan
flag msg tools
Comet wrote:

Are chips worth 3 points only if you gained them via your majorities?

Yes, that is correct.

Comet wrote:

Every other chip I still possess at the end is worth 1 point?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing this game quite a bit as a quick filler waiting for people to show up on game night. Here is a house rule I suggest. I believe the game needs to have an even number of turns per player otherwise not all players have access to the same number of cards. Those that got an extra turn before the deck ran out have access to one more card than the rest and that can be a large advantage.

I suggest trying the game where at the beginning instead of putting aside 5 cards you put aside 2 + the player count. Then when the center deck runs out that triggers the end game. Put the set aside cards in the center and play until all players have had equal number of turns (i.e. stop playing before the start player plays again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.