Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to Heroscape. After getting my first set and really enjoying it I went to Heroscapers that I have heard so much about.

Wow, what a wealth of information. However, it seems about as user friendly as BGG.com Can someone give me a primer on the site or do I just need to keep messing with it until you know it like the back of your hand like I now do with BGG?

For instance, how do you know how playtested a character is? Same to be asked about terrain layouts?

I love looking at all they have on there, but I don't want to shell out money finding the model and painting them only to find that it is broke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some customs groups on Heroscapers that do a lot of playtesting for their designs, the most notable being C3V (look in Custom Units & Army Cards - C3V and SoV Customs) and C3G (look in Comic Hero Custom Creations - C3G Project). For playtested maps, take a look at the Battlefields of Valhalla display thread in the Maps & Scenarios section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David LeftOn4ya
United States
Florence
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, try the playtested custom figures and maps. Most are actually more play-tested than many of the official figures and maps.

See the Index of Custom Projects, but the best of these is definitely the Valhalla customs (C3V & SoV), C3G, and HoSS. Below are spreadsheets with info on all the figures:
Official Heroscape: Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet
Valhalla customs: Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet
C3G (Comic customs): C3G SORTABLE Index
Star Wars: HoSS Sortable Index

For Maps, check out:
Heroscape Maps Pivot Table v3.0 Originally by GameBear, updated by Retlaw].
Gary's Heroscape site - Battlefield tables by GaryLASQ
Also check out the Official Maps & Scenarios PDF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot me a PM over there if you have any questions. Please don't hesitate. My user id is Dad_Scaper.

The C3V and SoV projects are both meant to give you one thing: "custom" units that have been carefully designed and heavily playtested so that they fit right in with the official stuff, on Valhalla. I have been running tournaments since 2010 and allowing C3V and SoV for most of that time, and in my experience as a tournament director those units are balanced for competitive play. And that's saying something.

Side note: If you're in the mid-Atlantic, please come by our event on 7/1. As Lefton4ya, who just posted above, can attest, I know how to run a tournament at which everybody is welcome. So, please (this goes for all of you) join us, if you can. Shoot me a GM. Wherever you are, there may be a local scene, and all the people I know from across the country are great. I've run tournaments for other games too, and there is no scene like the Heroscape scene. You will meet chill people and you will have fun.

As for the other projects, I am sure there are good things for you there too. Star Wars, superheroes, whatever is your thing, enjoy.

Again, if you're feeling bewildered at 'Scapers, please shoot me a message there and I'll follow up with whatever is the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.