Trains: Coastal Tides» Forums » General

Subject: Still no info? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It allegedly will release tomorrow...is AEG really just sending these expansions out with no fanfare?

We know some details based on the original descriptions when the Planes, Trains, and Automobiles were first announced as a combo pack...but you think that AEG would tell us more. I hope that someone can inform us what these mystery boxes contain as soon as possible. If there is a demand for it - I will try to update this with information if there is still barely anything on this page when I check out the expansion, although I might not pick the expansion up for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree.

To be honest tho, AEG does this a lot, they don't follow up and support their games in the community, they often release games without much or any fanfare, and similarly kill off game-lines (see Thunderstone Advance) without announcement.

In Thunderstone Advance's case, we only got official word about the end of the product line when AEG did the Thunderstone Quest sequel.

I am very happy about Coastal Tides, and will definitely look at it, but I was not going to pre-order it without getting more info then we got (which is pretty much nothing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered and hope it arrives soon. I'm eager to play and it is holding upva order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to reviews and more info too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svalladolid wrote:
I preordered and hope it arrives soon. I'm eager to play and it is holding upva order.

I am eager to hear your opinions on the content!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
So this was originally going to be part of the triple-pack expansion (Trains, Planes and Automobiles)? It seems fairly chunky to have been part of a combo-pack, with a chunky full-game price to match.

Two new boards + extra cards so I am still interested but the road to release seems a little odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the descriptions given on the back of the Destination Fun Combo pack box (at least the one still view able on the BGG listing), each expansion does seem sizable.

Trains itself is said to contain:

1 Double-sided Board (With three boards, one 2-4 player and two 2 player)
21 Randomizer Cards
20 Route Markers
50 Route Bonus Cards
31 Card Dividers
220 Cards
1 Rulebook

What you can see by squinting at the back of the box on BGG looks interesting. Based on what I can see of the Okayama map, I'm assuming we'll finally be able to lay rails across water with some cards. That should be interesting.

And 21 Randomizer Cards with 220 total cards? Likely some more Victory Point cards on the way, I doubt that the extra 10 cards would be part of a large stack of cards à la Rats from Dominion. Although that would be neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! We've got box art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo maybe by the time it comes out we can get rules and some component pictures,

Oh wait it is out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a copy at a FLGS! It does exist!

Hopefully the pictures I uploaded of the back of the box will be approved soon. Nothing extravagant, but it is at least something. I barely did anything, yet I will have given more information on the game than AEG's marketing team.

Unfortunately, the cards displayed on the back of the box are positioned in such a way that much of their information is obscured. Here is what I could get from what I saw:

One of the two player maps is Mt. Fuji. Neat!

Inter-City Train Cost: 6 Income: 0 - It has some action revolving around gaining income.

Ruralization Cost:4 Income: 0 - A new type of station expansion card!

Scenic Route Cost: 5 Income: 0 - A new 'lay rails' type card with the added bonus of giving you a VP if you lay at least one rail.

High Demand Cost: 4 Income: 0 - Trash a train card from your hand for VP! Thinning out your deck! Whoo!

Maglev Train Cost: 7 Income: ? - You gain a waste when you gain the card.

Engine Terminal Cost: 6 Income: 0 - A new VP card

The expansion box is the same length and width of the two base sets, but about half the height. So if you keep boxes, this expansion won't take up TONS of space. I'll probably end up using it as a box to store the maps in, while using the original Trains box for all of the cards.

I have already ordered the expansion at another FLGS, otherwise I would have bought the copy I saw and given more information. If there is still little to no information on this page when my copy arrives, I'll post as much information as I can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueFox57 wrote:

Hopefully the pictures I uploaded of the back of the box will be approved soon.

Went straight to geekmod and approved them. The pics were a bit blurry but as you say, there's little to no other information yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
BlueFox57 wrote:

Went straight to geekmod and approved them. The pics were a bit blurry but as you say, there's little to no other information yet.

I'm afraid they didn't survive the mods. Fortunately there's a couple of snapshots here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26248974#26248974

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
Tsaar wrote:
BlueFox57 wrote:

I'm afraid they didn't survive the mods. Fortunately there's a couple of snapshots here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26248974#26248974

Thank you for trying, nonetheless! If there is still a demand for information, images, or opinions on the set after the holiday weekend - I will be happy to oblige. I recently got my copy and will likely play it a bit over this, so I can give impressions as well as post images that weren't taken by my phone's crappy camera.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.