Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Has anyone in Europe received the game? In my account list in GMT website says "Shipping - Not syet shipped", but in the last GMT Update they say that all the games where shipped...

I know that many people in USA have the game, but has any european folk received it?

Carlos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes copy received in Ireland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I think I read they would start shipping out the games to European customers at the end of last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
Hi there,

Has anyone in Europe received the game? In my account list in GMT website says "Shipping - Not syet shipped", but in the last GMT Update they say that all the games where shipped...

I know that many people in USA have the game, but has any european folk received it?

Carlos

Is your copy coming direct to you or via Secondchance games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

Direct from GMT via Euro Friendly Shipping...

Quote:
Yes copy received in Ireland.

Lucky youuuu!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Přibyl
Czech Republic
Praha
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was also discussed in another thread here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1788959/any-sightings

I'm still waiting for my copy to appear at my doorstep but it's nice to know that first copies are already in Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
Quote:

Direct from GMT via Euro Friendly Shipping...

I think the Euro friendly shipping option is via Secondchance acting as a fulfilment centre - so will need to reach them first (possibly by sea(?)) before being sent on by 2ndchance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I start crying, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
Can I start crying, then?

Well you did get cheaper shipping, have already paid VAT and don't run the risk of paying any handling charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AF Davis
msg tools
I had sent an email to GMT a few days ago because my account said shipping, but there wasn't any other information--I had ordered UPS, so I thought there would be tracking info. The game arrived two days ago. GMT sent a reply saying that they don't update accounts regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for my copy. We are in the same boat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cees Fisser
Netherlands
Leidschendam
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not yet received in Holland. We are patient. Happy day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Turdo
United Kingdom
Clacton-On-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing here in UK yet. From previous experience, I think it should be a matter of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
P500 Update.

Next lot is arriving with us soon. Time of Crisis and Next War Supp 1.

We have the list already so it will be going straight out after we process the items in our shop after it arrives. Not long now!. If you have not already got it at P500 price please consider purchasing via ourselves.

Anyway as for pricing games its very hard there is a lot of factors the discount you as a retailer receive from the game producer, import costs, VAT and your overheads. As a business that has to charge VAT this pushes our costs up so it is harder to discount. We do generally discount more for pre-orders prior to release by 10%. Some of the prices of some games I have seen would make a store a very tiny profit so may sell on volume I don't know, I can only work on our costs and know it would not be in our interests as a small but well known vendor to sell at a possible loss or tiny profit we wouldn't be here after over 34 years.

Many thanks

Phil Ashton
Second Chance Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Dan_Marius wrote:
Quote:
P500 Update.

We have the list already so it will be going straight out after we process the items in our shop after it arrives. Not long now!. If you have not already got it at P500 price please consider purchasing via ourselves.

Anyway as for pricing games its very hard there is a lot of factors the discount you as a retailer receive from the game producer, import costs, VAT and your overheads. As a business that has to charge VAT this pushes our costs up so it is harder to discount. We do generally discount more for pre-orders prior to release by 10%. Some of the prices of some games I have seen would make a store a very tiny profit so may sell on volume I don't know, I can only work on our costs and know it would not be in our interests as a small but well known vendor to sell at a possible loss or tiny profit we wouldn't be here after over 34 years.

Many thanks

Phil Ashton
Second Chance Games

When was this sent out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
Dan_Marius wrote:
Quote:
P500 Update.

Many thanks

Phil Ashton
Second Chance Games

When was this sent out?

Today, here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1688185/gmt-games-euro-frie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I received the document from the post, so it has arrived!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
update: went to the postal office, the custom worker didnt want to give me the game because she said that she doesnt know anything about this prepaid VAT policy. I refused to pay the VAT again.So, my game is still there. Wrote to Second Chance Games, Mark replied they didnt receive any P500 games recently so there could have been a mistake so my game was sent directly to Romania. Waiting for a reply from GMT, I hope to solve this situation soon and get my game without paying VAT again. Did any of you also receive the game and had similar problem?

LE: it seems that the shipping method was not changed to Euro friendly so my game arrived directly to Romania. Yep, that s it. Good luck guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my shipping notice this morning from Second Hand games, with delivery scheduled for tomorrow--so it looks like the UK copies are on their way. Hurray!

-Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Allan Chilly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have received email from Second chance games. The package should arrive on 7.7. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
Also got my notification from SCG. Wooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Yup, me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's here! (In the UK, London.) Hurrah! Now to just find time+players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weloi Avala wrote:
And it's here! (In the UK, London.) Hurrah! Now to just find time+players...

Oh man, I forgot about that bit again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived yesterday
Hoping to play a solo game this weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.