Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Lowen
United States
Fallbrook
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I was recommended to start a design diary for my board game development. I have no problem writing, but I was wondering... where should I do this? Is there a specific forum on BGG, or would you recommend I set up a blog for it instead? Maybe there are other things I have not thought to ask, which I would love to hear advice on -- do people like to read the personal revelations from the thrills and agony of a designer's journey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creating a BGG blog is probably the best way to do this.

I would say that the best use of this is for your own personal benefit, to document your game's journey and to have something you can refer back to.

My sense is that the percentage of BGG users who want to peek behind the curtain of a game's creation while it's in the process of being created is pretty small. There's slightly more interest in retrospectively learning about the creation process for a game that's complete and, especially, one that has turned out to be popular and successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1530033/boardgamegeek/works-...

There's a whole subforum dedicated to the discussion of WIP games and how the development is going on them. I don't follow many topics there, but there's an active crowd of people who offer suggestions and provide interesting discussion about the game. Can be quite interesting to read through some of the threads there at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lowen
United States
Fallbrook
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out a BGG blog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.