Hide
5 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » General

Subject: Starting with 5 or 6 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wouter Cools
msg tools
My gaming group is thinking about trying Legends of Andor, but we are a group of 5 to 6 players.

There is an expansion for 5 to 6 players, but is it possible to start LoA for the very first time with 5 or 6 players?

Are the legends (campaigns) for the base game adapted for 5 or 6 players?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdullah Aktaş
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The legend 1 is an introduction, so you cannot play it with 5 or 6 player. You can start with Legend 2. The New Heroes expansion give instructions to play with 4 and 5 heroes for each Legend including The Star Shield expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All legends, except legend 1, can be played with 5 and 6 heroes. However, I personally believe that playing with 5 or 6 players is vastly inferior than playing with 4. As it is a narrative cooperative game, I would advise playing with 4 heroes and have multiple players control 1 hero or preform other tasks such as reading cards aloud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Colosso25 wrote:

There is an expansion for 5 to 6 players, but is it possible to start LoA for the very first time with 5 or 6 players?

Do you mean without the expansion? That would be impossible, because there are only 4 heroes in the game.

Quote:
Are the legends (campaigns) for the base game adapted for 5 or 6 players?

Yes. The New Heroes expansion doesn't even come with any new legend. There may be some other minor changes, but I think you basically add a figure that increases the strength of the bosses. Also, for all legends, the time trackers are shared, not individual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Dagenais
msg tools
mbmbmb
Legend 1 is only for 4 or less heroes like said before, so 4 of you will play while other 2 will learn the basic.

The big difference is that at 4 or less Heroes, each one control his own time trackers. At 5-6 Heroes, it's 4 black shared time tracker that all the heroes will use. So that change a lot of the dynamic of the game.

The game at 6 can be as fun as with 4. Enjoy the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.