Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Ubbo! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Strahm
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I finally played with the Tcho-Tcho and was able to win my first time at it. I had thought "any Great Old One is killed in combat" would be a tough spellbook to get, but Ubbo isn't required for any Tcho-Tcho abilities. He's basically there to go kill Great Old Ones or die trying.

As far as the sculpt, 40% of me wishes he had more of a physical presence when compared to the other Great Old Ones, but 60% thinks the sculpt is a thematic home run and a great representation of a withered, imprisoned GOO.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take what you said as all praise.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So thrilled to have my shipment, can't wait to get Ubbo to the table. I've already called Tcho-Tcho; one of the many privileges of actually owning the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kylestrahm wrote:


As far as the sculpt, 40% of me wishes he had more of a physical presence when compared to the other Great Old Ones, but 60% thinks the sculpt is a thematic home run and a great representation of a withered, imprisoned GOO.


I did what I could to make a puddle of primordial ooze still look menacing next to the lineup of all of the other GOOs. Hopefully someone will paint it up to emphasize some of the slime mold characteristic I used for reference in the concept.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I super like Ubbo's sculpt, the way he's hemmed in and pinned by the tablets, the sad little feeler, etc. We call him bubble gum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubble Glum?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Vogel
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
AdamStarks wrote:
Bubble Glum?


Yusss!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.