Subject: Alternate Board Based on Greyhawk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things to make this game have some longevity is a new board, just like Trains has added new boards. For a challenge, I think something based on Greyhawk would be great.

I'm using the image below as a start. Additional terrain features like the Sunless Sea could be added in.

If I make progress, I'll try and eventually create a template that can be used to print at printplaygames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Inserted potential number of points/location.

Tried to make it with a similar feel for routes, but different layout for conflict zones.

Feedback, comments welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your thinking! Being an old Greyhawk guy myself, I was thinking the same thing.

My thinking is more Vault and possibly umpired double blind PBEM game focused but I like the expanded view into the caverns you have here. And maybe some RPG play also..whistle

The map would be different was the Vault is much smaller and the nobles are pretty much on top of each other so anywhere in the vault is accessible to any player. Also, there would be rules in the Vault vs outside the Vault as no open combat is really allowed inside the walls. Only spies are allowed in the lands of the Nobles and the Fane.

In general, I would like the location to matter in

It would play much differently than the standard game at least in regards to the map.

Locations that come to mind:
In the Vault
Fane of Lloth (spies only)
Black Tower (you can supplant troops here, basically converting them to your side)
Lands of the Nobles (Spies only!)
Female Fighter's Society (you can supplant troops here, basically converting them to your side)
Male Fighter's Society (you can supplant troops here, basically converting them to your side)
Dark Tower (you can supplant troops here, basically converting them to your side)
Merchant Guilds (one location for each one), includes the warehouse district (there are 16!)
Troglodyte Tunnels
Bugbear Caves
Great Gate (into the City)
City (several districts?)
Hunting grounds
Thieves Guild (not really a location but they all have them)

Oustide the Vault

Tunnel to the Kuo-Toa Shrine
Trade Tunnels (combat can occur here)
Tunnel to the Deep Gnomes
Tunnel to the Mind Flayers
Tunnel to Temple of Elemental Evil
Tunnel to Slave Lord location
Tunnel to Fire Giant
Jermlaine nest (these guys can be a lot of fun I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.