Popular Tags: [View All]
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a hypothetical for the moment, but is there interest in a group buy in the Los Angeles area (local pickup in/near Cerritos or El Segundo)?

A 10% discount and free two-wave shipping seems like a nice bonus. (Note: I am not eligible for the first day bonus.)

Looks like the group buy will (highly likely) happen, and will use the Mythic Collection as a baseline (add-ons can be ... well ... added on). See posts below for more details.

Just for tracking purposes, participants are:

Becq -- CONFIRMED -- Cerritos
Christopher Thomas -- CONFIRMED -- La Crescenta
Denali Purvis -- CONFIRMED -- Hollywood
Terence Lee -- CONFIRMED -- Temple City
Jack Liu -- CONFIRMED -- Irvine
Rose Spence -- (not confirmed?) -- Canada, via Palm Springs

If you want to change your status on this list (confirm, unconfirm, add, subtract), please let me know.

The participation list (or list of purchased add-ons) need not be set in stone until the PM hits, so if you'd like to join in, feel free. That said, confirming sooner rather than later is useful just for organizational purposes.

For potential newcomers, please note that AR offers a 10% bundle discount on multiples of six copies of the game, which means that additional participants may end up paying a little more by that 10% value UNLESS we find a second multiple of six purchases. But shipping for the entire order should be zero, which is the most significant factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Count me as interested.

Also, not a first day pledger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two down, four to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denali Purvis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm interested as well but I'm waiting to see the final stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested, but I was looking at the Titan pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm open to any of the pledge levels.

It's probably best to lower our pledges to $1 for now. That way, if people need to see how all the options in the campaign play out before deciding which pledge level to choose, we can do so without a mad scramble in the final hour to work out the details.

And also, if it turns out we can't work out a group pledge, we can each be secure that we can go it alone in the Pledge Manager later. Nothing lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
svardosi wrote:
I'm open to any of the pledge levels.

It's probably best to lower our pledges to $1 for now. That way, if people need to see how all the options in the campaign play out before deciding which pledge level to choose, we can do so without a mad scramble in the final hour to work out the details.

And also, if it turns out we can't work out a group pledge, we can each be secure that we can go it alone in the Pledge Manager later. Nothing lost.

All good points. Has it been confirmed that they are following CMON's $1 pledge policy? (Or more accurately, 1 GBP!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I am interested, but I was looking at the Titan pledge.

It's probably worth noting here that add-on options are allowed for the group pledges, and the "discount" for the Titan bundle is small enough that you'd pay less for a group buy plus add-ons than you would for the Titan pledge. By a considerable amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Has it been confirmed that they are following CMON's $1 pledge policy? (Or more accurately, 1 GBP!)

It's in the FAQ:

Will there be pledge manager?

Yes we will start pledge manager few weeks after kickstarter ends. You will be able to pick your rewards, upgrade your pledge, choose shipping there etc. There will be same prices and benefits as on kickstarter. Yes you can just back for 1gbp to have access t pledge manager

Becq wrote:
It's probably worth noting here that add-on options are allowed for the group pledges, and the "discount" for the Titan bundle is small enough that you'd pay less for a group buy plus add-ons than you would for the Titan pledge. By a considerable amount.

This is true. For example, for a group MYTHIC pledge with add-ons:

Group MYTHIC per person - $138.67
artbook - incl.
sundrop pre-shade - incl.
sundrop (expansions) - $8.00
terrain expansion - incl.
apollo expansion - $25.00
atlas expansion - $26.00
troy expansion - $38.00

GROUP MYTHIC + ADDON = $235.67 (free shipping)
INDIVIDUAL TITAN PLEDGE = $262.00 ($243 + $19 shipping)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok, that makes sense. Even better since I don't want that art book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, if the two-wave shipping appeals to you, then the price advantage is even more that what Christopher stated (since two-wave is free with the group buy). That assumes, of course, that you live locally enough that no additional shipping is needed, obviously.

My inclination is to use the Mythic bundle as the baseline (with individuals adding on from there). I'm interested in the Terrain expansion and Sundrop, once you buy those, the cost for the Mythic bundle (adding the art book) is very slightly less. (I don't otherwise feel a driving need for the Art Book). My mind is not made up on the pledge level, though.

Note that the rules for the bundles are that you can't mix Sundrop/non-Sundrop within a particular bundle, so that's not something that can be added on separately. Does anyone want *less* than the Core + Terrain + Sundrop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Note that the rules for the bundles are that you can't mix Sundrop/non-Sundrop within a particular bundle, so that's not something that can be added on separately. Does anyone want *less* than the Core + Terrain + Sundrop?

My minimum is the same:
Core + Terrain + Sundrop... so I agree with a MYTHIC level pledge at least.

By they way, Denali or Terence, is either of you among the first 24h backers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still looking for AT LEAST 2 more interested in a Los Angeles area group pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately no, I'm not a 24h backer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svardosi wrote:
Still looking for AT LEAST 2 more interested in a Los Angeles area group pledge.

I'm interested

What is the current plan for the group pledge? Mythic + addon for other stuff if people want?

Or is it base + addons (I assume everyone wants at least terrains/sundrop)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jack (and any other interested folks): I'm open to negotiation, but at the moment, my take is that the Mythic bundle offers the best baseline for a group pledge like this. Those wanted more are welcome to add expansions to their pledge, and will still save money over a solo pledge.

Here's my reasoning:
* The cost for the Mythic group pledge is the same as for a base pledge with 2-wave shipping (about $139), so budget buyers effectively get the expansion and sundrop for free.
* Folks who want a Titan pledge can simply add in the expansions and STILL pay less that a solo pledge (the Titan solo pledge is $280 with 2-wave, and $235 as a Mythic group buy with addons). Note that if *everyone* wanted a Titan pledge, the cost would drop by about $17, but getting six Titan pledges might be tough.
* Using the core pledge as a base would prevent people from adding sundrop to their order (AR doesn't allow sundrop to be mixed within a group buy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMPORTANT:
If you're interested in joining this group buy, I recommend pledging 1 GBP for the KS campaign, regardless. That way you keep your options open -- if for whatever reason this group buy falls through, you can always place a solo order through the pledge manager!

General information:
Unless those involved agree otherwise between now and the PM, this group buy will be for the Mythic Collection retailer's pledge. If anyone would like to add additional expansions, they are welcome to do so. Note that I am not a first-day backer, so Leonidas is not included in the pledge for free, though you are welcome to add him to your pledge (I will probably add *at least* Leonidas plus sundrop on Leonidas; I'm wavering on additional options).

Note: I did contact Awaken Realms to confirm that the "retail bundle" could legitimately be used as a group buy for non-retailers -- the answer was yes.

Pricing:
Assuming we end up with six orders, we'll be able to take advantage of the 10% discount for the retailer's package (on the Mythic bundle, not add-ons) and FREE shipping (2-wave). That reduces the cost of the game by almost $50!

For those wondering about pricing, here are some approximate numbers (assuming 2-wave shipping except where noted):
$280 Titan pledge, solo buy
$235 Titan pledge, group buy (ie, Mythic + expansion + sundrop for expansions)
$187 Mythic pledge, solo buy
$139 Mythic pledge, group buy <-- currently planned group buy level
$139 Base pledge, solo buy
$120 Base pledge, solo buy, with 1-wave shipping
(Note: I converted the prices to dollars using the current conversion rate from the KS pledges. This is an estimate only; look at the GBP prices on the KS page for actual prices.)

So those on a budget *can* save a few bucks by opting for a solo base pledge with 1-wave shipping, at the cost of the terrain expansion, sundrop, and early shipping of the core game. I think every other combination is cheaper as a group buy, so even those wanting to add all of the expansions will save compared to a solo buy!

Payment:
Since I'll be charged during the PM stage, we'll have to figure out payment by that time. I'm open to organizing the transactions through BGG Markets, for those who'd like an electronic receipt. (Please note that this will increase the cost by the 3% BGG commission; roughly $4-5 for the Mythic pledge.)

Shipping/pickup:
As indicate in the top post, I live in Cerritos and work in El Segundo, and would be happy to arrange for a pickup in either vicinity. (I periodically visit my parents in Mission Viejo, so we might be able to arrange something in that area, too ... but I can't guarantee timing for that.) Please note that you'll likely want to arrange for two pickups -- one for the first wave (core game), and one for the expansions. Optional: if folks are interested, perhaps we could schedule a day to combine pickup with actually playing the game...

And by the way, if any of you are new to buying games through KS, I *strongly* recommend that you *DON'T* count on the KS estimated shipping dates being accurate. As a data point, my understanding is that Awaken Realms is currently shipping This War of Mine, roughly 4 months later than the original estimate.

Interested parties:
Me
Christopher Thomas
Denali Purvis
Terence Lee
Jack Liu

That's five so far-- and Denali, at least, is still on the fence. We will need at least six. I'm considering a second copy (for speculation), and if anyone else is interested in doing so, let me know. Note that copies #7 and higher will cost a little more ($15) because they won't have the 10% discount -- unless we collectively end up buying twelve copies and can buy two group bundles. (Even so, those latecomers will save about $35 on shipping.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denali Purvis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not a first day backer. In fact I was leaning towards not backing until I saw this post. The Mythic group pledge with free shipping sounds too good to pass up. The only add on I would be interested in would be Leonidas. I like the idea of combining pick up with a game session. If this group pledge falls through I'll likely wait until the retail release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad to see you in Denali!

I'm just waffling on whether to get the Troy: City of Steel expansion. Not even so much for the 6th army as for the army upgrades mechanic... and figuring that, if I'm going to get it, get it now with the sundrop treatment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
svardosi wrote:
I'm just waffling on whether to get the Troy: City of Steel expansion. Not even so much for the 6th army as for the army upgrades mechanic... and figuring that, if I'm going to get it, get it now with the sundrop treatment.

Don't forget the two extra monsters included in the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we can get this group buy done, I'm thinking of getting the 3 expansions as well since we won't be able to get them sundropped after retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the LOH comments, I invited a fellow named Burak to join in. I hope he comes over to check out this thread.

Burak, if you see this, I know you had a concern as a 1st day backer about losing your Leonidas. But if you take the lead and raise YOUR pledge (which you can wait to do in the pledge manager) to the retail pledge, you will retain your 1st day status and actually everyone in the group would also receive the free Leonidas. High fives from all of us!

We can also answer any other questions you have, if you'd like to post them.

Hope we see you here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose Spence
Canada
flag msg tools
I am interested, I have a place in Palm Springs but could still make the trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
svardosi wrote:
Burak, if you see this, I know you had a concern as a 1st day backer about losing your Leonidas. But if you take the lead and raise YOUR pledge (which you can wait to do in the pledge manager) to the retail pledge, you will retain your 1st day status and actually everyone in the group would also receive the free Leonidas. High fives from all of us!

While I certainly wouldn't complain about gaining a free Leonidas, it might also be worth pointing out that even if you are uncomfortable taking the lead, you'll end up saving about $40 with the group pledge even after paying for Leonidas. So by all means, join us either way.

(Well, assuming you live in the vicinity, of course!)

Roseebug wrote:
I am interested, I have a place in Palm Springs but could still make the trip.

If the distance doesn't bother you, then by all means.

Note that at this point, in the off-chance all of our "maybe's" confirm, we'll be past the 6-copy retail bundle and the cost might be a few bucks higher, unless we can get to another multiple of 6 (at which point we can discuss splitting into two buys, if folks prefer). But it'll still be less than a solo buy (and certainly less than a shipped solo buy to Canada). You might also want to confirm that they won't tax your 'import' at the border; I'm not sure how that works but have read some complaints from Canadians about such things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll start. CONFIRMED in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.