Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...actually you do.

I find the lack of a basic rules set not being included with this game quite annoying. Even the "expanded" Rules, videos and examples on the website are quite vague. I appreciate the "open ended sandbox" spirit of the game, but a few details would be helpful. The 10 included Info Cards just aren't enough. If I wanted to write my own rule book, I would have designed my own game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. I'd like even just a basic idea of what to do instead of completely home ruling everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Barrie
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
What details do you feel are missing? We can easily add them onto the expanded rules section for you.

Moving forward we're not going to be releasing the entire official rules anytime soon. We don't want to make people feel like their rules are inferior to the official rule set and there just hasn't been a demand for them. Of the 20,000 people who have played Deck Quest we've only gotten 2 negative reviews (on Steam) and including the game outside of Steam we've gotten less than 10 complaints about the lack of rules. The game is exactly as we intended it to be. We spent hours making sure every single card could be interpreted in multiple ways and that there was enough framework present to either play the game out of the box or build heavily upon it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now for sale in the Geek market if anyone wants it. Cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayla Advincula
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
The info cards really helped me! Plus they have a lot more information on their website that can help if you need more ideas on what to do first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.