Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so mad that this was cancelled. I was in for over $500. I was looking forward to this more than any other project out there.

Here is the update from Kickstarter:

(Sorry for the silence and thanks for your patience. We were working on some game-changing options but they just aren't going to work out. Here's the update we were going to post on Monday.)

Hi all,

It seems clear we haven't managed to put together a package compelling enough for most Kickstarter backers. As we stated on the project's main page, we have financing to manufacture CROM regardless of the amount raised, but given the relatively low number of backers we've decided it's best to move on.

We love our game and are extremely proud of it. It's been a joy to run at game stores and conventions across the country, and we appreciate all the good times we've had with our fellow gamers.

We're also extremely proud of what we accomplished on the miniatures. Time and time again those who looked at the real-life production models at those same stores and conventions have told us how impressed they are with them, then posted their delight on social media.

But ultimately, this kind of product at the price we need to charge given our scale and premium paint work just doesn't seem a good match for Kickstarter. Nor is it possible to offer the kind of discount distribution and retail are used to.

So for that reason, we're going to shut down the project once and for all.

We greatly appreciate YOUR support and constructive comments, and are extremely thankful for all the help we've received from our friends at Conan Properties, Reaper Miniatures, and Ulisses Spiele.

We're fortunate that we can close out the project with every artist, freelancer, and manufacturer paid, and we hope you enjoyed the free game we put up on DTRPG (it will be taken down later this week so take a look while you can--we've updated the Fate Cards with the cool Blood Magic and Rampage boosters you didn't know about too!).

We don't know what will happen with the Reaper resin terrain... please check the Reaper Minis site in the coming weeks for an update.

Finally, we're all extremely fortunate as Robert E. Howard fans that there are so many other great Conan games to play right now. We encourage you to do so to support the overall effort--we've certainly gone all in on them all.

Pulposaurus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. I had $150 earmarked but wasn't confident with the lack of videos of gameplay. I also questioned replayability however I was intrigued with their campaign book idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very hard to get people to back pre-painted miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
Very hard to get people to back pre-painted miniatures.
Not hard for me at all. I used to be a painter but between the nerve damage, arthritis and other damage to a few fingers I am just not good or fast or motivated any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B H
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I was in for at least 300+. Was considering much more. Too bad. I've downloaded the files they posted and might give it a try with proxies just for the heck of it. I'd heard good things from people who had played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
I have downloaded all materials for this as well. I look forward to playing it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so sad !

I almost cannot grasp how poorly this Kickstarter campaign was executed. Why didn't Pulposaurus have someone do a proper review of the final version of the game ? They had 2 years to do this since their initial attempt on Kickstarter. And who exactly was the target audience for this game - boardgamers, miniatures-gamers, children, wargamers ? This was pretty unclear to me, except for "for those who don't want to paint" people. Why did they make a game with painted minis combined with unpainted terrain ? Thats just weird. Why didn't they start a thread here on BGG ? Why did they receive "the final quotes" at Origins, I mean isn't that pretty late, it's during the first week of the kickstarter campaign - why did they not know this before they started ? This resulted in an update where we were informed that the game would generally not be released for retail. Not surprisingly, the funding for the game just died completely after this update !

I still believe that this Kickstarter could have been much more succesful if the campaign had not been planned and conducted at such an amateur level.

By Crom !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deano Ware
United States
Farmington Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on the status of their events for GenCon? I assume they will be cancelled but would love to try the game out if not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the comments section on Kickstarter the creators posted all Gen Con demos have been cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I note the public beta is still up on DriveThruRPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Davis
msg tools
I heard about the Kickstarter and the cancellation just recently and now the rules are gone from DTRPG. Bummer. I was really curious about them. They should release the rules with all the "Conan"stripped out (for licensing issues.) Its a shame to see that work go to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.