Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: amendments to cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Parsons
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still on my sporadic quest to log the changes to this game since inception, I was intrigued by a couple of posts in the recent thread about Red Scare Purge. Two card alterations were mentioned:
1) rewording of Olympic Games card; and
2) RSP changed from 2 OPs to 4.

The earliest edition of TS I own is, I believe, 1st Edition, 2nd Printing. In that set, the Olympic card does indeed have the older wording, but RSP is already 4 OPs.

I wonder if anyone can confirm exactly at which edition these changes occurred, and whether there have been any other subtle changes over the years to other cards. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head,

Korean War was changed (no longer causes DEFCON degradation).

Aldrich Ames was changed (completely).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
Off the top of my head,

Korean War was changed (no longer causes DEFCON degradation).

Aldrich Ames was changed (completely).
Also, Cuban Missile crisis refers now to "West Germany" instead of just "Germany".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chili fixed to Chile laugh

I know, not a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.