Thumb up
1 Posts

Elefun» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Playing with two 3-year olds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
Elefun is a game that always works well on children's birhtday party's. It's a good time-filler when you're trying to get the next game set up or the table cleared after eating cake.

The game is a cute elephant with a long trunk which blows up when you switch it on. Inside the trunk are 'butterflies'. They fly up once it's on. The children each have a net in their colour: red, green, yellow or blue. They try to catch as many 'butterflies' as they can. We don't look at the colours here, but you can play it so that only butterflies in your own colour count.

All my children (8, 6 and 3) enjoy playing this game. It's a bit difficult for the youngest to get the trunk of the elephant up properly so the butterfly's can flutter out though. Also the last butterflies will not always come out very well. Especially after you've played it a few times and the batteries are not so strong anymore.

This time I had my 3 year old nephew over as well. As it was raining and they couldn't play outside, I thought I'd play some games with the two little ones. We started with "kleurentorentjes", where you throw a die to determine what colour bead you can put onto your stick. We played this twice. Then we played "Geistertreppe". I was amazed at how well they played but especially how well they could hold their attention.

So then it was time for some real fun: Elefun to be exact! There they stood, ready with their nets up. Each turn they each were lucky to catch one or two butterlies only. This couldn't really upset them though: they just picked them up from the floor and put them in their nets using their hands....
It ended in some head-bumping, both boys wanting to pick up that last yellow butterfly at the same time. But they had a lot of fun. It certainly made up for not being able to go out.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.