Popular Tags: [View All]
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Alkemians! Since Alkemia is beginning to reach stores, Kickstarter backers, and others, we would like to share some general Q&A regarding the game that some users have requested.

Q: Does Sophantes have an "element" associated with him like the other alchemists? If so, what field tiles make him immune to the Beast's actions?

A: The "element" associated with Sophantes is fortune. Since Sophantes does not utilize the elemental field tiles like the other alchemists, Sophantes receives his Aspiration Item bonus on the "City" Tile and the "Temple of Greater Elemental Spirits" tile (as noted on his character sheet). Since these tiles are associated with him, he is also immune to the Beast's actions on these tiles.

Q: I noticed that the game is shipped / sold with an additional sheet of tokens for the game. What is the purpose of that sheet?

A: Due to a manufacturing miscommunication, the additional token sheet is sent and sold with each copy of the game to replace the token sheet in the game box. The correct token sheet can be seen below:

We recommend discarding the original token sheet, however there have been some creative suggestions for using the misprinted tokens such as:

1. Keeping the original misprinted reagent / item tokens in a separate bag and using them to alter the Crest of Creation Recipe. It is possible to fashion easier recipes by using all reagent tokens, or to fashion more difficult recipes using all Items.

If you own a copy of Alkemia and did not receive your replacement token sheet, please refer to our website for contact info (kinsoulstudio.com).

Q: I received the convention promotional cards (Thrumming Torch and Armillary Core) and am wondering which phases they can be used in?

A: Since both cards were a promotional give-away before the actual manufacturing of the game, they are missing the "phase usage" icons that the official Items possess. When using both Items, please use them as "Field Phase" only Items.

Q: I received the special character pieces in the Grand Alchemist or Adventuring Alchemist level on Kickstarter but lost my assembly instructions... help!

A: When assembling the plexiglass pieces - it is first best to sort them by their correct colors. You may then begin to remove the plexiglass protective paper and wipe and residue from the pieces from the laser cutting process. When fitting the pieces together, please do not bend the arches inwards as they may break with excessive force. Refer to the diagram below for instructions on how to fit the pieces together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.