Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the original version of this game and was kicking around buying the mounted board Kit (I like mounted boards) but when it is almost half what the cost of buying the 3rd edition, that is a no way for me, then you add the high price of shipping it from Decision Games. I sure hope Miniature Market for Cool Stuff get it in as they will have more reasonable prices and shipping charges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't disagree. Compare that to GMT's Triumph and Tragedy 2nd Ed. Update Kit. That includes a new mounted game board, counters and the updated rulebook for the princely sum of $29. Seems that Decision Games isn't offering the same bang for your buck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are they charging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
What are they charging?

$30 for the board and rulebook. Not sure on S&H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
new rules in the book, or just colour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
new rules in the book, or just colour?

There were changes from 1st to 2nd ed (clearly highlighted in 2nd ed RB), but 2nd to to 3rd seems to be formatting and color only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen the "mounted board" in the flesh? Is it a mounted board GMT style or thick stock card aka Columbia Games? cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a proper mounted board. Also, first larger mounted board I've ever had that actually laid flat all on its own within a few hours of opening it up.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Riley
United Kingdom
Bridport
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend spending the money on blowing up the size of the paper map instead to improve ease of play and immersion factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I have ordered a copy of this. I'd really like Tarawa too when the reprint becomes available. cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just going to buy a second copy of the game. The mounted map is a must as the original map was a little too soft where it folded.

In my opinion the game is worth it. I have several copies/editions of The Russian Campaign too, so no big deal.

I consider this game a monument in gaming and it is better to have 2 copies of such Legendary games than buying the next Kickstarter hyped dud.

In my top 10 of games out of 500+ collection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flatline42
United States
California
flag msg tools
DownriverRick wrote:
SJack wrote:
What are they charging?

$30 for the board and rulebook. Not sure on S&H.

I'm seeing shipping is 15 bucks. So 45 for a mounted board basically. I can get a full version of the game from CSI or something for about 10 bucks more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.